We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights

Which Akaroa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
4 posts
Save Topic
flights

I am planning a holiday to new zealand but am unsure which airline to use. Can any one please help me.

Auckland Region...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: flights

Air New Zealand and Qantas are both good services. We have used both and got great service.

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights

Hi there We are flying out with Air NZ.We used them last year to fly from London to LA and found the service good and attendants very friendly.Economy seats have 34" pitch and premium economy has 40".There are flat beds in business premier. I understand that their premium cabin has been so successful that they are now looking at ways to increase these seats on planes.If you do choose to fly with them,you can now go via Hong Kong and avoid LA if you wish.This service starts this month.

Northland, New...
Level Contributor
700 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: flights

Hi

AIR NZ is a very good service, and as of recently you can fly via Hong Kong rather than LA. I would recommend this as Hong Kong airport is a great place to spend a few hours, whereas LA is awful !!!

The only advantage of flying via LA is that you get a larger luggage allowance.

Other airlines that fly via Asia and are good value, are Cathay (via HK), Singapore & Malaysian.

The other option that many people are going for, and everyone raves about, is Emirates.

This goes via Dubai, Singapore & Sydney I think - so the only disadvantage on Emirates is that you have more stopovers (or you may consider that an advantage !!). Their service is supposed to be excellent.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights

IMO Singapore are the best, followed by AirNZ then Emirates. Our last two o/ses trips have been with Emirates & Singapore. Yes Emirates is fine but they do have those 2 stop-overs after Dubai (the other combination was Dubai-Bangkok-Brisbane-Auck) but both of these makes for a very long trip. Singapore have the better entertainment system- you can choose when and what dvd you watch, with Emirates they have a large selection but they run at certain times so if you miss the start you have to wait for the next sector (if it's running on that one). In economy, Singapore had the better leg room and more comfortabler seats, overall they were bigger planes.

Sydney
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: flights

Thank you for the crew at Air New Zealand for a wonderful, clean and comfortable plane ride to and from Sydney and the States!

6. Re: flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Akaroa