We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akaroa Cruises

Brisbane
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
Akaroa Cruises

Hi everyone

Can you please advise on the various cruise companies operating at Akaroa. We are after a cruise only - no dolphin swimming but I'm uncertain which to choose.

thank you in advance

Vicki

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
35,221 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Akaroa Cruises

I think the main company is Black Cat Cruises: www.blackcat.co.nz/

I took some Canadian visitors on it once and we all loved it.

new zealand
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Akaroa Cruises

we did a trip on the blackcat over the holidays it was the best and if you go on there last trip of the day you get free fish n chips very yummy :-}

NZ
Level Contributor
33 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Akaroa Cruises

There are various options depending on what you want.

Do you want a large (Blackcat) small boat (Akaroa Dolphins)?

Do you prefer sail ( Akaroa Yacht Charters) or motor or a bit of both (Akaroa FoxII)?

You can also kayak see Akaroa Adventure Centre or Akaroa Guided Kayak Safari.

www.akaroa.com has lots of options so just choose the one that suits your personal needs the best.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
995 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Akaroa Cruises

I loved the sailing trip with the Fox II.

In three hours, we saw dolphins, albatross, seals, penguins, and shags. Great captain, music, and atmosphere. It's also a true value.

Leaves from the historic pier downtown btw.

5. Re: Akaroa Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2011, 07:18