We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferrylink Hotel

arizona
Level Contributor
274 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ferrylink Hotel

Hi All,

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL --- iT IS A DUMP

I just stayed there and the owner is a cheat and a lier. His rate on the room is 99 NZD and he has charged me USD. 153.00.

The hotel is far away from the city center and is a hassle to get to the city. There are no other services around the hotel.

Feilding, New...
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferrylink Hotel

Are you sure you have the correct motel and place? Picton is a small town not a city. The motel you have been so negative about is less than 1km from Picton township.

Did you discuss the rate at the time of booking?

Did you discuss the rate at the time of leaving?

If not, why not?

If you are writing a negative report perhaps posting a review in the review section rather than on this forum would get more response.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
327 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferrylink Hotel

Sorry but this thread has a remarkable similarity to your thread on The Oaks Club Resort in Queenstown.

But in regards to this one

Firstly this is a motel, not hotel.

Secondly Pictons main street would be little more than 500 metres away.

Thirdly have you attempted to resolve any issues you may have with the motelier before coming on here and using the emotive and inflammatory language you have.

arizona
Level Contributor
274 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferrylink Hotel

I know this is a motel. It does not matter any way since it is a place for travellers to stay. This is a travel forum and no body needs to get upset on any ones openion !!!! Every one has a right to say their openion. You were not there to stay. Yes, I did try to reason with the owner but all he wanted was his money

You guys must be related top these hotel-motel owners to get so upset

Feilding, New...
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferrylink Hotel

I am not related in any way to the owners of Ferrylink and I find this comment insulting and unjustified. It would seem that you can give insults but you do not like to receive responses. I, too, am entitled to comment. From other posts it appears you attack anyone who feels your comments are too outrageous to be true....always two sides to the story.

If you feel so strongly about the treatment you have received in New Zealand motels you could write to the motel association www.manz.co.nz and advise them. Sadly your only two posts about New Zealand are extremely negative. It would be nice to hear some positive comments too. Maybe your own attitude & behaviour was responsible for your claims about your treatment.I shall need to read some of your other posts now to see if your negative outpourings were written on other places you have stayed.

Marlborough
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferrylink Hotel

We as the owners of Ferrylink Motel would like to answer this complaint. The guest in question booked for 3 nights, on which the discounted $99/night rate was agreed. We picked him up from the train and immediately he said he didnt really want to hang around in Picton and just wanted to get home to America. He then dilly-dallied about staying only 2 nights and then decided at a later stage that day to only stay one night. The amount charged was then re-negotiated based on a 1 night stay and our cancellation policy. At the time he was happy with this agreement.

We gave him a ride to the ferry the next morning.

As far as the Motel being a "dump", we are sure this is a reactionary statement, and the first time in 3 years we have heard this. We, on the other hand, are continually complimented on our comfortable beds and high level of cleanliness in our rooms, as well as our friendly helpful service. We apologise for this guest's comments but can 100% asure anyone reading this review that it is misleading, does not give all the facts and is therefore invalid.

6. Re: Ferrylink Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 05:15