We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation & activities in Picton

Which Picton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wangaratta
1 post
Save Topic
Accommodation & activities in Picton

We are a couple in our 60's staying in Picton in January.

We would like to do a fishing cruise and winery tour.

Any suggestions on where to stay and what to do?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
30,918 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation & activities in Picton

How long are you staying in Picton? If I were you I'd go out into QC Sound to Punga Cove or Furneaux Lodge for a night or two. I suspect the winery tours are easier to organise from Blenheim although this company offers Picton pick-ups: http://www.marlboroughwinetours.co.nz/

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation & activities in Picton

Hi FreddyWangara -

We just returned from a three night stay near Picton. I highly recommend Whatamonga Homestay - it's about 9 km from town in a quiet bay. Lovely hostess. Blenheim is a 30 minute drive from Picton, so easy enough to get to the wineries or arrange a tour from Picton.

We enjoy walking and we found loads of tracks in/around Picton. It's more than a port town, plenty to do there.

If you choose to stay within the sounds, I can highly recommend Bay of Many Coves - we've stayed there twice and loved it. Do be aware that it is NOT directly on the Queen Charlotte Track and is accessible via water taxi only. You an arrange a water taxi to take you from BOMC to the track though, perhaps starting at Ship Cove, walking to Furneaux and then being collected there and returned to the resort. Also be aware that if you stay there, getting to/from the wineries will be more of an ordeal, as you'll need water taxi transport to and from Picton, which will run up your costs.

We stayed at Punga Cove several years back and were sorely disappointed. Suggest you read their reviews before deciding to stay there.

3. Re: Accommodation & activities in Picton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 01:18