We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wineries at Easter

auckland
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wineries at Easter

Does anyone know if the wineries on Waiheke Island wil be open on Easter Sunday?

Mentioned in this post
Waiheke Island
Waiheke Island
1,744 Reviews
Auckland Central, New Zealand
New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,493 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wineries at Easter

Most wineries should be open, Easter is the last big weekend before winding down for the winter. There is some jazz happening every Sunday around the island and Easter is no exception, check these sites. It's Easter Friday that wineries will be closed.

http://www.waihekejazzandblues.co.nz/

www.purewaiheke.co.nz/waiheke_events.cfm

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wineries at Easter

which one do you plan to eat at? some are known for their food, some not so much... and not all of them are waiheke wines (ie gisborne etc)...

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
16,421 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wineries at Easter

To be fair to this thread, KepinItReal, you dont state the circumstances in which you were served a NZ wine not produced on Waiheke. I know that one of the vineyards does produce a blend from grapes grown in the Hawke's Bay. The resulting wine is produced according to the winery's high standard. And when sampling this particular wine, patrons are told what it is and how it's come about.

As to the food, Waiheke has some great eateries. If you weren't happy with your meal you could have had a polite word with the maitre de, or manager at the time. Sounds like you have a gripe with a particular establishment to link your disappointment onto the above OP. I do hope the remainder of your NZ visit was enjoyable. Although you didnt appear to have been impressed by many places you visited in NZ. Oh, well we can't please everyone, all of the time! Ka kite.

Mentioned in this post
Waiheke Island
Waiheke Island
Auckland, New Zealand
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wineries at Easter

dude... i own a house on waiheke... youre making some far fetched assumptions...

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
16,421 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wineries at Easter

Nope, I'm not a dude! I'm a Kiwi and female, and very proud of my heritage.

Oh... and 4th generation Waiheke Islander!!!. Ka kite ano.

Mentioned in this post
Waiheke Island
Waiheke Island
Auckland, New Zealand
6. Re: Wineries at Easter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Waiheke Island