We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Particulars Trinidad & Cienfuegos & Teatro deCienfuegos

beautiful bc
6 posts
Save Topic
Casa Particulars Trinidad & Cienfuegos & Teatro deCienfuegos

We haven't stayed at a casa before but would like to for a night or two in Trinidad and again in Cienfuegos.

Can anyone provide some info for us please:

Do we have to book in advance?

Any recommendations - we'd love to be downtown/close to historic sites.

Does anyone know if the Teatro de Cienfuegos is still in operation? Where can we find a schedule of performances or book tickets?

Thanks for the insights.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Particulars Trinidad & Cienfuegos & Teatro deCienfuegos

Here's a nice Casa I stayed at in Trinidad a few years ago. It's got a great location only a block or two from Plaza Mayor.

Hostal "Pablo"

Calle Ernesto Valdes Munoz, No. 69

Telef (01419) 3652 and (01419) 3515.

One telephone number is the Casa, and the other is the daughter's work telephone number in Trinidad. Sorry, don't know which is which.

It's located about 100 meters from Plaza Mayor and is only a 2 or 3 block walk from the Viazul station. It has it's own private building located in the garden of the house, 2 beds (single or small twin), private bathroom, hot and cold water and is Air Conditioned with a fridge in the room.

Here's a good map of Trinidad. I've marked Casa Pablo on it (near #3) and also the Viazul Stn.

…photobucket.com/albums/y55/Steve_YYZ/Maps/T…

Nanaimo
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Particulars Trinidad & Cienfuegos & Teatro deCienfuegos

I was in Havana and Guanabo in April and stayed in casas particulares. I got my info from the Lonely Planet, and just showed up at the addresses given and if they were full, they would suggest someone else. If we didn't like it, we just moved on to check out the next one in the book. Some have email addresses so you can book ahead if you can get a connection, but then you don;'t know what it's like. We did book a hotel for 2 days before we left home.

At the end of this month I am going again to la habana then to Trinidad where I have never been before. The Lonely Planet lists many casas particulares there, and I am very sure it will be easy to get a good one. The ones we stayed in in Havana and Guanabo were excellent. The people are very friendly, welcoming and helpful.

Are you in Nanaimo??

Maple Ridge, BC
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Particulars Trinidad & Cienfuegos & Teatro deCienfuegos

While we were at Brisas Trinidad in January, we met a couple that have a casa particulare in Trinidad. Their names are Tito y Vicky, they were very nice. We walked past their house one day and thought it was very lovely. Unfortunately I misplaced their card to e-mail them directly, but just based on meeting them at the resort and visiting them there, I would not hesitate to stay with them.

vancouver island
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Particulars Trinidad & Cienfuegos & Teatro deCienfuegos

Was in Trinidad last month for 4 days-stayed at casa

Ann Cariddad Perez Diaz

Col'on No. 260-A el Marti'

Trinidad

Telephone 053 41 993013

It was simply the best-5 minutes from the town centre

2 rooms-shared bathroom-spotless-fantastic food -the son is the cook and he also speaks great english-

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Particulars Trinidad & Cienfuegos & Teatro deCienfuegos

I don't like to plan ahead while on vacation. Is it pretty easy to get to Trinidad during the afternoon, find a casa and spend one or two nights?

Or do we have to book in advance to be sure? I am not picky, I just want to have the feel of the city, visit during the day, go at La Casa de la musica and walk back to the casa.

I just want a room with privacy and a terrace with a view would be nice for photo opportunities but it is not an issue.

Thanks!

Southam, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Particulars Trinidad & Cienfuegos & Teatro deCienfuegos

Hello

HAve tried to follow up your message to find out more details about the place.

Do you have a contact site where this could be done?

Any other good casas you stayed in or ones to be avoided?

Enjoy your next holidy.

Andrew

Picton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Particulars Trinidad & Cienfuegos & Teatro deCienfuegos

Here's the website for Casa Colonial Muñoz.

http://casa.trinidadphoto.com/

Julio gives back to the community with his Diana Project.

Even if you are not staying at Julio's drop off some supplies to help the horses and dogs of Trinidad.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Particulars Trinidad & Cienfuegos & Teatro deCienfuegos

I also stayed at Casa Muñoz and still think it is one of the best casas I have ever stayed in, on all fronts. Highly recommended.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,645 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Particulars Trinidad & Cienfuegos & Teatro deCienfuegos

Some other suggestion here...

cuba-junky.com/sancti-spiritus/trinidad-casa…

Cheers,

Terry

10. Re: Casa Particulars Trinidad & Cienfuegos & Teatro deCienfuegos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 05:26