We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach towels at Brisas Trinidad?

lifesabeachLindsay
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
beach towels at Brisas Trinidad?

hey, just wondering if anyone knows if they supply beach towels at the Brisas - trying to save some space while packing!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach towels at Brisas Trinidad?

Beach towels are provide for you at this hotel...

lifesabeachLindsay
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach towels at Brisas Trinidad?

Thanks DD.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach towels at Brisas Trinidad?

Your Welcome!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach towels at Brisas Trinidad?

Yep, when you check in you will get a towel card to bring to the towel hut to get towels. On your last day you return your towels and ask for your card back to check out with :)

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Santiago de Cuba
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach towels at Brisas Trinidad?

Just got back in last night from Brisas Trinidad. We did not get a card for the towels just had to give our room number and sign and when we returned the towels give our room number and sign again. You could return your towel several times a day and get a clean towel. Just do not leave your towel on the beach unattended as it will cost you 15 CUC's to replace it if someone else decides to take it. And how did we like the Brisas - Loved it! Wishing we had gone for 2 weeks instead of one. The Ancon beach is gorgeous and did not require beachshoes (watershoes) at all. CQ :))))

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach towels at Brisas Trinidad?

Yay Coral Queen! Glad you had a great time.

Nice to know there's no more hindrance of the towel cards...actually if I think about it, perhaps I only had to give my room number the last time I was there too lol.

lifesabeachLindsay
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach towels at Brisas Trinidad?

Perfect timing for your review here Coral queen - i as watching for it...we leave at 6am Sunday - can't wait! Thanks for your comments. Let me know if there is anything else you think i should know. will be sure to pack my skin so soft. have always taken but never needed it - guess i've been lucky til now.

ciao

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Santiago de Cuba
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beach towels at Brisas Trinidad?

Melissassm.......I am back in body but in spirit still in Trinidad. We met a lot of wonderful tourists......came home with a list of E-mail addresses. A week for me was not enough! I would not hesitate to recommend Brisas or the Trinidad area to anyone. CQ :))))

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Santiago de Cuba
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beach towels at Brisas Trinidad?

Lifesabeach........also pack After-Bite and Benadryl antihistamine. I won't have my review written before you leave on Sunday but if there are any questions please ask. I have a lot of catching up in the office to do, so hopefully I'll get some time to write next week. CQ :))))

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Santiago de Cuba
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beach towels at Brisas Trinidad?

Lifesabeach.......we took advantage of the City Tour in Trinidad for 15 CUC's each as it is a good price and you do have a tour guide to explain things to you. We also were given a map of Trinidad per couple. But be prepared to be bothered as soon as you get off the bus as they are waiting for you.....everything from trying to sell beads to you to needing money for the baby. It's been a long time since I took a group tour like this and found this irratating as we usually go about on our own. After "No Gracias!" didn't seem to work I finally just said "No moleste por favor"......they just backed off and even seemed offended. But it did work. The only thing you had to pay extra for was the 1 CUC if you want to take pictures in the Museo Romantico and if you want to buy yourself a drink when you take a breather at one of the restaurants. The tour in Catedral Santisima Trinidad is given by someone from the church who explains everything in Spanish and it is translated into English by your guide and in the end if you want to give him a CUC (it's up to you). Also, have some money on hand in case you would like to buy souvenirs in the market, etc......

The advise that Melissassm gave me about wearing good walking shoes because of the cobblestones was great. I wore my running shoes and moved around like a mountain goat as some of the stones were really rough......not like the ones that we imagine as cobblestones.

Also, we usually buy Santiago de Cuba Anejo Ron and found it for 7.60 CUC's at Brisas and in town. They tell you that there is not much selection at the airport......well picked up the Santiago de Cuba Anejo Ron for 7.10 CUC's at the airport and Cubay was sellling for 7.60 CUC's.

Hope this helps out a little bit! CQ :))))