We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi prices from Santa Clara airport to Trinidad

Calgary
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi prices from Santa Clara airport to Trinidad

Hello, Does anyone know how much is reasonable to pay for the taxi from airport in Santa clara to trinindad. I looked at the viaul schedual and i will miss the 11:30 am bus, so I will have to take a taxi. Also since an airport is a bit away from the city is it cheaper to take a taxi/bus to santa clara viasul station and get a taxi there.

Also the shortest and most scenic route is through Topas de Collantes, but might be hard on gas due to hills. Is it cheaper to go through santi spiritu? I just need approximate prices so I can bargain with them. I speak spanish, but not cuban spanish.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi prices from Santa Clara airport to Trinidad

the drive is about 200km (not through the mountains)... not sure of the actual taxi price but it would likely be over 100 cuc one way... are you not traveling with an all inclusive group???

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,246 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi prices from Santa Clara airport to Trinidad

I once did that trip in 2006 through the mountains and the taxi was 55 CUC, one way. Oh, those were the days! I'm sure that it is double that now. The road through the mountains is about 60 - 65 km less of a distance than through Cienfuegos or Sancti Spiritus way. It's not so quick but worth the scenery. I'd haggle a price while at the airport.

Jersey
Level Contributor
267 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi prices from Santa Clara airport to Trinidad

Completed the trip over the mountains about 2 weeks ago from Santa Clara to Trinidad - not by taxi, but by hire care. The road is really bad at the moment - about 15 to 20km is either washed away, badly pot holed, or rough compacted stone. Not an easy journey and you may not even get a taxi to go that way.

Could try hiring a car - but there's only 100km free miles per day of you only hire on a daily basis. There's a CUC 0.35 charge per KM over the 100km. You get unlimited KM if you hire for 3 days or more. Only found one hire car company, but I know they had a places in Trinidad and Santa Clara so the one way fee probably wouldn't be too bad.

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi prices from Santa Clara airport to Trinidad

Make sure you see the taxi you are hiring beforehand. Some of the taxis are junk.

I had a taxi driver offer to drive me from Santa Clara to Trinidad for 14 CUCs last week when I was there. You might be able to get a half decent taxi to take you to Trinidad for 25 CUCs. The Viazul bus station would be a good place to try.

5. Re: Taxi prices from Santa Clara airport to Trinidad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 18:40
Get answers to your questions about Trinidad