We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 thumbs up for the GPT

St.Catharines...
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 thumbs up for the GPT

We have just returned!! What an amazing resort!!! Any questions? we would love to help out.

kitchener
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 thumbs up for the GPT

Welcome back!! Did you guys have a great time?

We are going to GPT on March 18th for two weeks. We are staying in the Allegro section (did you happen to see this section?). Is there shade available by the pools? How were the bugs?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 thumbs up for the GPT

Hey Hawky... we're just back too! I can't believe we didn't see you guys!! Hope the wedding was fabu! ;-)

cpoo

St.Catharines...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 thumbs up for the GPT

we didnt have a wedding...i dont think we saw u either...

St.Catharines...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 thumbs up for the GPT

there is not too much shade by the pools but tons of shad eon the beach and a little breeze...there were lots of mosquotoes at night so bring bug spray

St.Catharines...
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 thumbs up for the GPT

Kulafi - the Allegro section is on the farthest point of the resort behind the tennis courts. Looks nice from the outside, not sure about inside, a long walk to pools, restaurants and the beach. Not much of problem with mossies at night ( however they did like my daughter) Spray with Deep Woods Off and you should have no problem.

St.Catharines...
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 thumbs up for the GPT

As my daughter says there is alot of natural (Trees) on the beach for shading. Around the pools there are a few area's to escape the intense sun and heat. All of last week was 90+ with 2 or 3 days going above the 100 point, and very humid so we went more for the beach and breeze.

Ontario
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 thumbs up for the GPT

Hey Hawky glad you had a great trip. Me and the wife are going to GTP on March 23 and we were wondering if you can exchange Canadian money to Cuban peso's at the resort or do you have to go elsewhere??

kitchener
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 thumbs up for the GPT

Hi again Hawky

Thanks for the info. I heard that some people wear wristbands and others don't, do you know anything about this?

I have tried to email the resort twice but haven't heard anything back. Is there more than one email address to send it to?

Thanks

St.Catharines...
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 thumbs up for the GPT

Change money at the airport or resort, not much difference. The yellow wrist bands are people booked through Air transit, they get 10% discounts on massages and fridge refill every 2nd day.

LMG
Halifax
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 thumbs up for the GPT

Hey - glad you guys had a good time; you were certainly looking forward to your trip before you left! We're going to GPT in April - did you notice if they had drink menus or lists at any of the bars? Did they make any drinks that specifically stand out in your mind? Thanks!