We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prdo vs Pp

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Prdo vs Pp

Good morning Peeps.

I am a Noob to the Cuba forum.

We get married in the UK 01.03.08 and after looking at lots of different options uncluding Mauritius / Bahamas / St Lucia, have finally decided on Cuba.

We have wittled the choice down to 2 resorts - the Playa Pesquero and the Paradisus Rio de Oro.

I was just after your general comments about both please as at the moment we just can't seperate them???

We have got a great price for PP - 2 weeks AI with upgraded room and upgraded flights for under £3k!

Can you upgrade rooms at the PRDO?

Any information or comments you have (good & bad) would be appreciated as we are booking on Saturday!

Thanks a million in advance.

Nathan

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prdo vs Pp

Hi Nathan....... Both resorts are very good and I don't think you will be dissapointed with either. However, the PRDO is a good 5* resort...and if a little more luxury is on your agenda then the PRDO would have to be considered for that reason.

If the pesquero is coming out at a far more competitive price than the PRDO, you will not go wrong with that choice and I am sure you will have a very enjoyable time there too......... it's a difficult one dependent upon your priorities............ Maybe a few ideas about what you are looking for in your resort may help people to give you some firm facts.

How much more is the PRDO over the PP, and will this bite into your budget???

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prdo vs Pp

Hi Lou - thanks for the reply.

Haven't been able to compare prices yet as Thomson and a few others who offer PRDO there prices for next year are not live until the end of this week.

Cost isn't the biggest thing. Even though we are on our Honeymoon, we want to make sure that there are things to do and other people around.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prdo vs Pp

Hi Nathan. There is plenty to do at both these resorts and you will have plenty of people around you....

The PRDO tends to be more a couples resort whereas PP is more a family resort.

Here is a link where you can view all aspects of each resort...but please bear in mind these pictures are a little old now but it will give you an idea of what you might expect to find at each resort. The website is in French but quite easy to navigate:- www.voyagesarabais.com/vv_top.asp?id=21

If money is not an issue; I would personally opt for the PRDO, and especially as this is your honeymoon. The PRDO will offer you those extra special qualities that make for good memories of the begining of your new life together.

Newton Abbot, Devon
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prdo vs Pp

I have not stayed at PP but have been to PRDO twice and we have just booked to return July 1st. PRDO in my opinion would be the best for you by far and with the added bonus that it will be a kids free zone from this November. We were in Mauritius last year and stayed at the Heritage Golf and Spa and although much more luxurios( cost £2000 extra) I think for value you cannot beat the PRDO. PRDO has everything you will need, great restaurants terrific beach and best of all the people are fantastic. I also do not think it is worth upgrading the only extra you get is the outside shower the rooms are much the same. You will love the PRDO I gaurantee it and you will have a very happy honeymoon. If you have a specific questions please e-mail me at. peter.perkins@openreach.co.uk

PRDO IS A GREAT CHOICE!!!!!!!

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prdo vs Pp

Thanks for the replies.

We were actually very close to booking The Heritage in Mauritius, but it is end of Cylcone season there when we want to go so a much higher chance of Rain!

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
509 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prdo vs Pp

hi nathan have you tried Eclipse Direct for a price on these hotels?

We found it alot cheaper through them.

We have just come back from PP and it is a lovely place , beautiful beach and lovely people. . . But we spoke to people who had been to PRDO and they rated that better than the PP. Though saying that they still enjoyed the PP.

Hope this helps x

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prdo vs Pp

First Choice guarantee to be cheapest in the UK....Can't go wrong if they stand by their word....

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prdo vs Pp

Lou - the only problem with First choice is that there flights to Cuba are on a Saturday! We get Married on the Saturday (1st March 08) and then will have a day of rest / get over our hangvoers and then want to jet out on the Monday (3rd March 08) and at the moment My Travel do fly then, and we think Thomsons will as well!!!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prdo vs Pp

First Choice fly Thursday 6th March.....any good to you???????

Dumfries
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prdo vs Pp

We nearly booked with First Choice but our local office couldn't beat the price given to us by our local independant travel agent going with Thomas Cook - we saved around £300 on the holiday itself.