We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OGPT march 22nd

Sheffield
Level Contributor
102 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
OGPT march 22nd

We are off to OGPT in March (taking 2 14 yr olds)for a fortnite, can't wait!!!! We are hoping to visit a local school taking pens, pencils & books. Any advice on how to go about this? Many thanx

Ontario
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: OGPT march 22nd

We were at this resort last year and are going again during the same time you are there.

There is a group of us and some kids. Although a little older than yours they all have a great time.

Although we didn't visit any of the local schools etc many people did.

Let it be known what you want to do and usually a group of people get together and make a trip out of it.

I guess they rent a cab or something.

See you there!!!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
102 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OGPT march 22nd

thanx for the reply - really looking forward to the trip. Did you do the dolphin trip last year - any comments? C u there!!!!!!

Ontario
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: OGPT march 22nd

Yes We did the dolphin trip. Best money we spent the whole trip. What a great day!!!

Try and book it later in your trip when you are more used to the sun since the day on the boat can be like two on the beach.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
102 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OGPT march 22nd

Ok will book the dolphin trip. Can you recommend any others?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OGPT march 22nd

I went on the sea land tour, that was a lot of fun.

somerset
Level Contributor
393 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OGPT march 22nd

Hi when we went to playa pesquero we went on a bike ride with one of the animation team. He took us to a local village ( possably same distance for ogpt)

There was a school there which we stopped outside to see the children.

Also if you get chance to go on the steam train at rafeal freyre at the end of the ride you will get of the train to board the bus. Here is a great oportunity to help you will be met at the train stop by lots of the local peopl along with their children. Some dont have shoes on I have been told by a cuban not living in this area that the people here are very poor.

those who live near the hotels are given things by the people out for a walk or bike ride.

Toronto
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OGPT march 22nd

We are also headed there and will be arriving on March 21st. I can't wait, because I can't take much more of this snow!

The last time we were in Holguin, we borrowed bikes and toured around until we found some kids. They really appreciate gifts no matter how big or small.

8. Re: OGPT march 22nd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 09:18