We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

once a day suntan lotion, anyone used??

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
once a day suntan lotion, anyone used??

Was thinking of going for this option, have used P20 before (when it was a different formula and you had to aply ages before you went into the sun)

But was looking at Puiz Buin and Boots Soltan lotions.

Anyone used these on a trip to Cuba and found them good??...Really fancy this option, as is such a pain to re-aply all day long.

Any problems, did you get burnt, i know the cuban sun is very hot and want to be carefull.

Any feedback on this would be great.

Cath.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: once a day suntan lotion, anyone used??

This year we used Asda own sun cream, and was fine with it (but obviously have to keep applying it) OH has always used Piz Buin in the past, but that only lasts 6 hours - not a lot of help I'm afraid, but we didnt burn, and have come back with lovely tans :)

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: once a day suntan lotion, anyone used??

My hubby used the Piz Buin one a day on our recent holiday to Cuba. He thought it was the best one he used and no he didn't get burned using that one, although we did cake him in it before going out lol.

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: once a day suntan lotion, anyone used??

I put one a day I meant the Puiz Buin Once a day like you are asking about, he used the factor 15 about half way through the holiday.

Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: once a day suntan lotion, anyone used??

I always uses the once a day stuff, usually the puiz buin. I rarely get burnt and did not get burnt in Cuba at the begining of July. Used the factor 15 on most of me and 30 on shoulders. Did burn my forehead as there was a breeze on the beach and my hair was blown back so the top of my head was unusually exposed (normally covered with a fringe) then used some 50 on my face for the rest of the time. All the rest of the family used 30 all over and got a bit burnt but I think that was when they had been in the water for a long time. I think it does wash off after a long time in the water and a lot of people burnt their feet on the beach - I think the sand exfoliates the cream off so it is best to keep applying it to the top of the feet.

Hamilton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: once a day suntan lotion, anyone used??

I used a No-Name brand of 45 SPF with water proof properties. I applied once in the morning and it worked very well for me. I am one of those who burn terribly, then peel and burn again! The only burns I ended up with were places I forgot to slather on the creme the first time. It looks ghastly with the white salve look until it is absorbed (about 10 minutes), but even after an hour or more of snorkeling it did keep on working!

I have not tried the spray on protection that a lot of people seemed to be using, but maybe next time I will see if they have some of the SPF 45 in a waterproof spray on as it looks less messy to apply LOL.

James AKA GOM

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: once a day suntan lotion, anyone used??

Hi Cath

I forgot to buy suntan lotion at the airport last year but noticed that T Cook airlines sold a Swiss Formula once-a-day waterproof SPF20 bottle on board; I bought one (cost £20 - eek!) but I have to say that it was brilliant; it's a clear lotion, not a spray, and it really does stay on all day, even if you spend most of your time in the water. They recommend putting it on half an hour before you go outside. I'd recommend it - I bought another bottle this year.

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: once a day suntan lotion, anyone used??

I have already brought the spray on for my hubby next holiday, got factor 30 and 15. I was pretty impressed when i saw folk using it but am yet to hear of if anybody rates it or not. I am aware that if you spray it outside you are going to loose some if the breeze catches it though. Anybody tried this and can give us feedback on it please.

8. Re: once a day suntan lotion, anyone used??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 11:17