We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental Grand Turquesa

toronto
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Occidental Grand Turquesa

Is there a difference if you fly with Air Transat? They call it part of the distinction collection which comes with some extras...is this true?

Is this reost a true 4 plus star or more like a 3? The pool area, beach and restaurants look good..can anyone verify.

Was there a lot of damage to the resort?

Yoir comments and responses would be greatly appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Occidental Grand Turquesa

As far as the star rating..this is what we found out.

4+ stars for Conquest, Holasun and Sugnature Vacations

4 stars for Airtrans, Air Canada, Nolitours, Sunquest, Sunwing, Tours Mount Royal

Given that it gets a mix of both 4 and 4+, I'd say it was a nice 4 star for Cuba. If you have never been to Cuba then it may seem like a 3 - 4 star since all Cuba hotels are different than the D.R or Mexico. We personally love Cuba and go out of our way to travel there but some people have made the comments before who are not familiar.

I've seen photos of this hotel and spoken to people who have returned recently so we feel confident that our trip at New Years will be great and we will still have a fabulous time.

Don't know about Airtrans distinction collection, sorry

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Occidental Grand Turquesa

According to the Transat web site:

YOUR ADDITONAL INCLUSIONS AT PREFERENCE CLUB

Your all inclusive, plus

• Concierge service

• 5 guaranteed reservations/week for à la carte dining

• Separate check-in/check out

• Late check-out or hospitality room

• Beach towels in room upon arrival

• Mini-bar restocked daily (water, soft drinks and beer)

• Welcome letter and distinct identification bracelet

• 25% discount on massages

• Safety deposit box

We have booked through Transat for New Years. Hopefully what they promise is what they give. I've got a print-out of the extras to take down with me, just in case.

toronto
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Occidental Grand Turquesa

Thank you for your responses. Really appreciate it!!

Riverview Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Occidental Grand Turquesa

My husband and I stayed there 2 years ago and loved it.....very clean....food good and the people are awsome!!

5. Re: Occidental Grand Turquesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Holguin
Recent Conversations