We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from Playa Pesquero

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Excursions from Playa Pesquero

Im going to this hotel in Oct flying with Thomas Cook and wondering what excursions there is?

Iv been to this resort a couple of years ago and swam with dolphins and did paradise island but cant remeber what else there was.

Anybody have any ideas what else there is?

leeds, uk
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions from Playa Pesquero

I have been to PP twice (off back this christmas) I did quite a few trips through Thomas Cook, as below:

Jeep Safari: (Not really a jeep - more a cuban jeep) In a 4x4 went jet-skiing followed by offroading through some rocky terrain and went to some towns, - taked our driver into taking us to a local bar so on way back we left the tour and went for a drink and met the drivers family - Very Good.

Cigar Factory: Going round cigar factory, I think there was a visit to a plantation in there too

Visit to Fidel Castro's Childhood House: A long drive but very worth it got to go round Fidel's childhood house and look at his cars, family photos etc we stopped quitte often to admire views from high up and went to edge of copper mine (cant remember what else we did!) they will charge you 5CUC to take phottos though.

Sea Fishing: More of a trawler than a rod not really recommended (go with the locals instead)

Overnight in Havana: Flew to Havana stayed in Melia Havana overnight, went to old town, new town, Rum Factory and Tropicana Show at night. Was brilliant tour but needs more time in Havana going to do again this year but miss out tropicana.

We did another trip going horse riding through a trail (my husband didnt go on a horse he got back into jeep and followed on) had a meal, went through a plantation then went on a boat

, we didnt think much of the dolphin swim as they just put you in and let them swim around you which was a waste of money, but you can go to dolphinarium yourself we got a car (and a scooter) and went round ourselves went to dolphinarium - was cheaper to do this! we also went to marina and had a go on jet skis on our own (again cheaper than TC) we drove to Holguin and Santiago de Cuba (not recommended as they dont see tourists on their own that often so were all over us we drove back after filling up on petrol). The best trips were the ones we did ourselves as you get to see more of the 'real' cuba

Did more but I cant remember everything cos we have spent alot of time in Cuba....

Hope this helps

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions from Playa Pesquero

Check the link on the top right hand corner " What Excursions are available" from Holguin - great list has been compiled by LonnyLou

Edited: 23 January 2010, 19:22
3. Re: Excursions from Playa Pesquero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2010, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Holguin
Recent Conversations