We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canjet changed the flight time to Holguin

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
250 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Canjet changed the flight time to Holguin

Were all set - finalized the plans, signed the docs, then I surfed over to the website to recheck the flight departure time & Canjet just changed it to 4:45 in the afternoon from 6:40 am! GRRRR!!!

Has anyone had this issue with them before? Have they changed it back?

We are leaving the beginning of July.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,246 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canjet changed the flight time to Holguin

Since you're not going until July, I'm sure by then they will change it back ..........and then change it again! It's unpredictable what they will do. I'm sure they don't even know. C'est la vie!

Edited: 30 March 2010, 03:36
Newmarket, ON...
Level Contributor
380 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canjet changed the flight time to Holguin

Canjet supplies aircraft to vacation companies. This may well reflect a shuffling of aircraft to ensure full planes, stopoverss or other factors. Bottom line, half full aircraft won't happen.

We have flown to the Caribbean each summer since '03 and with the exception of Air Canada (both of these were regularly scheduled flights as opposed to charters), flight times have always changed (did a stopover once as well).

Hope this helps

Bob

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
831 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canjet changed the flight time to Holguin

Same thing happened to us. We had an early morning departure. We showed up at the airport at 4:00 a.m went to check-in and, S U R P R I S E ! !.

"Come back this afternoon" they said. We met some travellers who had driven in from Ottawa and had to hang around (with no car or hotel) until that afternoon.

We complained, but Canjet said they had contacted the Travel Agent a month ago. Long story short - no compensation by anyone and we got screwed..

Advice. Check before leaving your home before departing for airport as well as a day before in case they move UP the time of departure.

Do not count on decent customer relations from airline or travel agency.

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
250 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canjet changed the flight time to Holguin

Yup.. but I had to grip somewhere. Sorry to everyone who was a victim of my whining. I am still hopeful they will change it back.

Anyone know how much does PP charge for a late checkout?!?!?!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,246 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canjet changed the flight time to Holguin

If you need a place to cry, here we are. No airline or tour operator will accommodate you with that. Unless of course your grip is about;

a. your Cuban boyfriend cheated on you

b. your baggage allowance won't allow you to take all your gifts

or c. you didn't know that people in Cuba spoke spanish

In those cases then we'll all just have a good laugh and snicker.

Have a wonderful trip!

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
250 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canjet changed the flight time to Holguin

Cubanwaters: Nah - my Cuban bf broke up with me cause he didnt like the long distance relationship ; I got charged with the luggage being over weight cause i lifted everything and the kitchen sink from the hotel and Spanish!?!?! I thought they spoke Cuban.

LOL! Just kidding! Seriously -- its a great place for some R &R . I just cannot wait to go! I just really hate the shuffling around and the BS from the tour operators & airlines.

Cheers guys!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
831 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canjet changed the flight time to Holguin

GREEKMOM,

i ) they do not speak Cuban or Spanish; the staff nad customs speak CUBIAN. A previous poster complained about there being only CUBIAN staff ( no int'l staff) and the only language they spoke was CUBIAN.

II ) Late checkout costs about forty CUC. It is free if you are a returning guest

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canjet changed the flight time to Holguin

greekmom

you flight can change again and again you are leaving in July you will have to wait it out, right now as of today be gratiful you found out this early, you could be like some who were suppose to leave today and get to airport only to find out the carrier has gone bankrupt, you have a place to stay but no way to get there.

I would advise you to follow what is going to happen to your trip, I know I had to phone my travel agent and tell them about

a) you are going to need travel insurance may 1st

b) my flight time changes

c) and todays news about sky service

they eventually find out but usually after i tell them and they confirm it

I think i need to be a travel agent LOL!!

9. Re: Canjet changed the flight time to Holguin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 07:17