We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from PP, if you have Qs...

Toronto
Level Contributor
61 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from PP, if you have Qs...

Hi everyone, we just got back from PP, 2 families with 4 children age 18 months to 4 and a half. This resort is a lot of things to a lot of people. Unfortunately for us we got rain, T-showers every day and on top of that both I and our 2 year old got very sick half way through, most probably with e-coli (waiting for the tests from the lab to confirm) so 4 days into it we are still fighting it.

There were a lot of people in the resort and there were no lineups at the medical center (pretty run down and dirty btw) complaining about diarrhea and vomiting so this can be an isolated incident.

If you can read between the lines everything that you need to know is in these forums, one way or another, a lot of positives, some negatives (I will post a review later).

One thing I can confirm is that the pool, kid's pool next to kid's club was not clean (that includes the swim-up bar), and I only saw them cleaning it once in the week spent there.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,455 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from PP, if you have Qs...

Sorry to hear about your illnesses and hope you both recover soon. Look forward to reading your review.

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
248 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from PP, if you have Qs...

Hope you and your family are feeling better. Nothing like a virus to spoil a good holiday.

Just wondering - how the kids enjoyed the PP ??

St Helens, United...
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from PP, if you have Qs...

Sorry to hear this and wishing you all a speedy recovery. It must be awful for those UK travellers also who are stuck there and can't get a flight home.

Toronto
Level Contributor
61 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from PP, if you have Qs...

Thanks everyone, we are both doing better already. I guess is the Canadian air ;)

Kids had a great time at PP, the little train (called "baby Train" by our son) goes around the resort at times and it is fun for them, ice cream parlor, playground (our kids didn't care much for it, too much else going on), kids pool, beach, etc. We have not tried their child club because of the circumstances but it looked pretty empty, not a lot of kids at the resort in this period anyway.

Beach was good for the kids but you have to be careful when choosing the place, there are rocks right into the water or right on the beach in certain areas. Once we realized where they were we haven't had an issue. Same for water shoes, not really needed if you pay attention.

We didn't know that this is such a popular destination for weddings as well. We've heard that they had 56 of them in March and you see brides and grooms pretty much every day. Because of them, the "baby Train" doesn't go around all day long because it is also used to carry the people attending the weddings.

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
248 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from PP, if you have Qs...

Despite the bug you guys caught - it sounds like you had a wonderful time! I so cannot wait to go - 70 some more days and counting. Yeah i know everyone says I am crazy for going down in the early summer but really - the last 2 years here it was rain all day & it didnt go above 20 degrees C. all summer!

Toronto
Level Contributor
61 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from PP, if you have Qs...

yes, we had a good time the first few days.

Have fun!. And good luck with the bugs, we think we followed all the "rules" and still got sick.

7. Re: Just back from PP, if you have Qs...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2010, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Holguin