We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are any blocks open at the PP !?!?

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
250 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Are any blocks open at the PP !?!?

Ok, now I am getting fustrated. I sent an email to dpto1.rrpp@ppesquero.co.cu , and requested block 17 - i was told that its closed. Then I requested block 10, I rec'd an email saying its closed. What is going on!?!?!?!?!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are any blocks open at the PP !?!?

Not sure about PP, but at PCV they do close some blocks when it's quiet season. Maybe that's the reason. Before we went in May, I had requested a certain block, and was gutted when we arrived to find we had been allocated a different one! I was assured the room we had been given was great too, and when we got there it was in an even better position, so all was well. Suppose it makes sense to keep everyone together, easier for the maids etc.

Nickie

uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are any blocks open at the PP !?!?

Hi

Yes very quite at PP at moment my daughter been there since 30/05,

1000 guests first week down to 600 now so only the small buffet open, but still plenty of choice.

looks like some blocks are closed however she was upgraded on arrival

so heres hoping you are lucky too.

Rained very heavy last week and pool went green, they put a lot of chemicals in which brought all the grunge to the surface and then gave it a good cleaning was out of action for 2 days

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,296 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are any blocks open at the PP !?!?

I was in PP for two weeks, and as Peter mentioned it is very quiet. I think the whole block on the east (right side of the pool) is closed, which means the other block was full and lots of people were accomnodated on the bungalows further away (including me despite the room request which is understandable as they cannot accomodate every request). Thought it would have benn nice if they would have used all bungalows near the main building and pool instead to avoid the 10 minute walk.

Since last weekend they only had the small buffet restaurant open

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
250 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are any blocks open at the PP !?!?

thanks for the info guys. I just wish they would have said that to me instead of everytime i requested something that the block is closed. i requested block 56 or 57 - hopefully they can honour the request.

Thanks again!

Scotsman - was the quality of the food at the smaller buffet ok? & were the al cartes still open??

South Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are any blocks open at the PP !?!?

Does anybody know if it is better to email the Hotel on weekdays, rather than weekend and it there is a best time of day to get a quick response (UK time please)?

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
250 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are any blocks open at the PP !?!?

as per Bellagio it's better to email them during business hours on the weekdays for a reply.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,594 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are any blocks open at the PP !?!?

It is best to email after 2 pm UK time on a weekday.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,296 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are any blocks open at the PP !?!?

The quality of the mall buffet was good, less choice though then offered in the big buffet.

All 6 restaurants are open, but not every day. When you book it you can see what day each restaurant is open.

I enjoyed the restaurants, except of the Italina nad the Asian one, but I met some people who enjoyed the Asian. Personal preferences I guess

cardiff & bridgend
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Are any blocks open at the PP !?!?

Hi im going 2 pp on wed and was wondering if u had an email address for me thanx

South Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are any blocks open at the PP !?!?

Well, as suggested, I emailed the Hotel today around 3pm UK time and as yet, no reply. Is it just my luck or do you think they will eventually reply at some point? How long do I give it, before trying them again??? We are two families travelling together and would really like rooms next door to one another, especially for the kids sake.