We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reviewing the PP ????????????????????

Durham, uk
Level Contributor
113 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
reviewing the PP ????????????????????

Hi

I am off to the PP in September and I am pretty confident I have made a good choice. I have just read the 2 latest reviews, one from a guy in Toronto, the other from a guy in Manchester. I understand that different things please different people and we all have different standards. But I can't understand when you get 2 reviews that are so extremely different , Surely if you are being honest you wouldn't be that far apart

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reviewing the PP ????????????????????

Hi there,

Ialso read the 2 reviews and agree with you --- they are poles apart !!

As you say, we are all different, but I wouldn't have thought THAT different.

Oh well, we will have to make our own minds up when we get there.

Regards Sunshine.

DURHAM
Level Contributor
35 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reviewing the PP ????????????????????

hi there we were there in may 2008 and thought it was fab,from the beech to the food,every holiday is what you make of it and when you see what little people have out there and how the try so hard to make it a fantastic holiday for everyone.the pool is huge you can eat and drink all day if you want,we have jusy booked again for oct 10th and cant wait,so go with a open mind dont read half the rubbish that people write on here and enjoy.everyone likes different things and we loved it.the al a carte food is fab from the grill to the romantica and the chicken and chips at the cuban during the day, i can taste it now.once you have been you will go back.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reviewing the PP ????????????????????

Thanks TRENDY ---- I have only ever had 2 awful holidays in my life.

I hasten to add that neither of them were in Cuba.

Regards sunshine.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
831 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reviewing the PP ????????????????????

re: the toronto guy,

I understand that a lot of the review is subjective, but:

fifty degrees ??? nonsense

birds in the dining room ? Anywhere in the tropics that is open air dining , will have birds. Same goes for restuarants in Toronto

I could go on, but one has to read between the lines

Scarborough Ontario
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: reviewing the PP ????????????????????

As I am going to the PP myself for the first time in Oct I too believe you have made a great choice. Over the years I have discovered that some people have silly expectations,Once on a cruise we shared a table with a lady that thought the butter pats were tacky because they were in there foil packs.She thought they should have been shaped like rose buds or butterflys,She banged on about this all week and then declared that this had ruined her holiday.There really are people out there that you can not please,they spend there time looking for things to complain about i think that is very sad.You do have to read in between the lines,you will pick up great advise ,but keep in mind that one mans poison is another mans passion!

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,359 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reviewing the PP ????????????????????

Just a bit of information.

They say it hits 50c there.

I have a digital thermometer and yes it does hit that temp in the midday sun.

It may say it has been 34c for the day but in direct sunlight, on a spot it does get bloody hot.

As to all the other comments in the reviews, they are peoples opinions, and just that.

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
246 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reviewing the PP ????????????????????

Hani - it's always subjective to people's opinions and standards. It was very very hot but as long as you were well covered and in the water and shade most of the time you were cool. Yes -- there were birds in the buffet area (they were attacking the cookies) but a) you are eating in an open area and b) there were no covers on the cookies. Just use your good judgement and enjoy your holiday. We did. I did post a review and its REALLY long but it may help you. Cheers.

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reviewing the PP ????????????????????

The review you mention is totally stupid. I just returned from PPQ after my fifth visit last saturday.

Example : "you must walk 200m to get a drink". Wow, this is terrible indeed. Not to mention that waiters are walking from 10 to 5PM on the beach offering drinks.

Or "too noisy entertainment station" - there is a place on the beach meant for strechings and aerobins. But indeed if you don't want to walk 200m away... though the beach is more than 2 Km long.

I cannot understand people complaining for so little.... if something was to complain about.

Andrei

9. Re: reviewing the PP ????????????????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2011, 05:17