We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sirenis Playa Turquesa on November 12th

England
Level Contributor
270 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Sirenis Playa Turquesa on November 12th

Me, My Mrs and our 5yr old little boy our flying out from Manchester to Cuba on the 12th of November (Just over a week) for 2 weeks in the Sirenis Playa Turquesa.

I have been reading so many reviews and posts over the last couple of days and we are so excited!!!

Please share any thoughts, tips and stories or anything else!!! Or if your gonna be out there when we are just say HI and I will get you a drink when were out there, See I am generous as well!!! lol

Canada
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa on November 12th

You buy us a drink and we'll buy you one...lol

Hubby and I are heading down on the 20th for one week. Really looking forward to it.

We've been reading reviews as well and for the most part look pretty positive. Have you ever been to Cuba before? This will be our third time to the area.

Who knows who you might run into...Have a safe trip.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa on November 12th

I am also arriving on the 12th for 2 weeks so I'm sure we will run into each other. This is my 7th visit to this resort and I hope you love it as much as I do. The staff is outstanding at this resort and really what makes it. I was there last November and the weather was outstanding, hot hot hot!! Here's hoping its the same this year.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa on November 12th

Looking forward to it. Maybe we will all run into each other...lol.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa on November 12th

Hi, just got back, you will love it......just make sure you bring some high deet mosquito cream as they are out and about....my spouse and a friend got bitten quite a bit but not me and the others in our group, so you might be ok. As Mrs. Smith says you will love the staff, the food and the pools, everything was great. Have a great trip. Any questions just ask.

Swansea, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa on November 12th

hi,hope you have a great time+post on here how it went as im flying out there 1st week in december.....only thing i want to find out is what sort of travel adapters do i need for the plugs

thanks+hope you have a great time

Canada
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa on November 12th

Hola 111:

Yes I have my repellent all packed and ready to go....lol

I do have a couple of questions for you:

What's the exchange rate right now? I know we don't leave for another couple of weeks but doubt the exchange will vary that much.

Did you or anyone in your group get a massage and how much did it cost? We are going Camelon Club and the brochure shows a discount of 25% off but would like to know original cost.

When is the BBQ night and Cuban theme night? Are they held in the buffet or are they a seperate dinner?

What kind of plug do we need for charging our batteries for our camera and movie camera?

How did you find the a la cartes and which one was your favourite? If you have the concierge do they look after booking your a la cartes?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm hoping you can help me out. Starting to get excited about going.....

Thanks very much

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa on November 12th

Hi, it's ok I had about as many or more questions before I went, like to be informed, as you are with Nolitours Calemeon same as us I'm almost certain you will have be in the 500 section. The check is is done separately and all your 5 reservations à la carte ar already done so no waiting in line and if you want to change you just ask. We only did the Italian, good lasagna and garlic & herb bread and the Cuban, the chicken in papaya sauce was really good, beef less. We got there on Thursday and that night was repeat guest dinner which we were invited too as we had 6 people in our group that were repeat , it was a Cuban theme night held in the Italian restaurant. The Friday it was Gala night at the buffet which was great, Saturday we were at the Cuban which is in the Pizzeria by the beach also good, the Sunday we were at the Oriental for Halloween also good right by the disco, Monday we got the Italian in the Pizzeria by the beach also good, Tuesday was booked at the grill but decided to go to buffet as we ended up there after Italian night before and was impressed with variety, so buffet we did asnd they even had a mexican tanle with Tequila shots and tacos with salsa and guacamole, we were impressed, then our last night Wednesday was the BBQ party at the Pizzeria on the beach which was fantastic food, band etc....The xchange rates were very good actually bought more for next trip, the rate was between 1.1346 to 1.1563 over the week. Did I forget something?? Oh! yes nowhere will you see it advertised but the 24 hour snackbar makes the best "chocolate martinis" someone tipped me to this before leaving and I asked one night and yes they make them and they are served in martini glasses and are simply divine.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa on November 12th

Hola111:

I like to be informed as much as possible before travelling. It at least gives me an idea of what to expect. Sounds like the 500 series is reserved for Nolitour guests?

Thanks for the quick response. I''ll be sure to try a chocolate martini...or two or three.....lol

The info on the a la cartes is greatly appreciated. I guess no one in your party had a massage as I didn't see a response on that. Just would've like to know ahead of time of how much it cost, as we're trying to figure out how much money to take with us.

Did you by chance take the bus into Guardalavaca? I have been reading on here it is 5 CUC's. Is that one way or both ways? What is the schedule? I'd like to be able to go to the market while there.

One last thing when leaving the airport is there a seperate bus going to this resort or did everyone get on one bus and you had to drop people off? When we went to the PRDO we had a seperate bus so no stopping at other resorts, which was nice.

Thanks again for the input

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa on November 12th

No problem for the questions. A few of us had planned to get a massage but never found time, the weather was so nice and the beach we just kinda forgot about it. We did take the bus into Guardalavaca to the flea market, double decker bus, nice ride, nice views, it's 5cc per person round trip. It leaves at 9:00 and 11:00, we took the 9:00 one but stopped at every resort on the way to pick up people (we were the first ones on which was great got the good seats on top) we had a choice of returns at 11:30 or 1:30 we took the 11:30 back but that gave us only about 1 hour to look around, we found it worthwile and wished we hadn't bought our souvenirs already at the hotel as they had nice stuff and good prices, also take the time to go down to the beach it's really nice and there's a small bar there where "Albert Mojito" works and as his name he makes the best ones we tasted only 2cc and sells Crystal beer really cold for 1cc. This is next door to Club Amigo resort. When we arrived at the airport we had 2 buses almost full of people all going to Sirenis Playa Turquesa so we had no stops. You had asked about the adapter we hadn't brought one. But there is 220 in the room and 110 in the bathroom.

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
710 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa on November 12th

hola, you are the best.....so helpful!