We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Bad Review of Playa Pesquero

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Recent Bad Review of Playa Pesquero

Have just read the latest review of Playa Pesquero. Have been thinking about going to this resort in the future. Should I be worried?

We have been to Varadero twice and loved it and thought about trying a different part of Cuba. We just love the people.

Kitchener, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Bad Review of Playa Pesquero

I just read the review myself. Each person has their own opinion on what they see and how they want to present that. I have been to Playa Pesquero 8 times and am returning for my 9th visit on the 27th of this month.

I have never had stomach problems or have seen any type of unsanitary problems in the buffet or anywhere else.

I do prepare myself prior to going though. I take proper medication for travellers diahreea ( Dukoral ) to help eliminate any of those type of problems. Also have taken Twinrex to avoid the nasty Hepatitis A and B.

The stomach problems could be related to a number of different things. To much time in the sun, over excessive drinking etc.

As I mentioned I am returning again and will continue to go to Playa Pesquero in the future. Take a look at the other reviews and you will notice that this seems to be an isolated case and can be possibly contributed to something other than the food.

Tazzman

Peterborough
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent Bad Review of Playa Pesquero

I definatley would not worry. If youve been to Cuba before and loved it, then you will have no problems at all with a choice of PP. We stayed at PCV last year and took our own private tour of PP, mainly to try their food. It was amayzing (compared to other Cuban resorts I've stayed at). We booked a trip with another couple because of the possitive experience, and can't waite to be back.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,349 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent Bad Review of Playa Pesquero

I certainly wouldn't change my plans based on one review. If all the previous reviews were negative and the latest one positive, would that convince you to go there? Well, with so many positive reviews and the latest negative, why would you give that person's opinion so much weight?

People's reviews are often negative if they have experienced tummy troubles, as it obviously spoils your enjoyment of your trip. I wouldn't worry about one such report, but if there are a rash of them I would pay attention!

Bradford West...
Level Contributor
542 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent Bad Review of Playa Pesquero

W have never stayed at the resort but did go on a tour of it and did try the food and what can i say OMG the food was amazing so now we are going with some friends instead of the PCV we are going to the pesquero

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent Bad Review of Playa Pesquero

I just came back from the Playa Pesquero myself Tizzy, and had a great time, and I personally did not have problems with stomach issues...

I should mention that yes, we did have a few people in our group with stomach issues, in two cases I would almost guarantee it was due to heat/sun exhaustion, the others were definitely due to over abundance of holiday cheer (if you know what I mean :-0 ).

With that being said, although IMHO exaggerated, I do think the reviewer had a few points; the Hygiene practices are a little lax (or at least different to what my standards would be)... And yes, I did witness on several occasions the "cooking raw and cooked meats using the same cooking utensils to serving raw chicken" scenario and a few other eyebrow raising events, however, we are not talking India here…

I have been blessed with the opportunity to visit several resorts in Cuba and elsewhere, and I would give the PP a solid 4* Cuban Rating.

In my opinion, what draws this resort back from being a 4.5 or 5* resort would be the, lack of customer service skills at the management level, and possibly the condition of the rooms, the food handling practices were no better or worse then the majority of resorts I have visited in Cuba.

The Budges would still very much recommend this resort…

Four thumbs up!

The Budges

Redcar, Cleveland
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recent Bad Review of Playa Pesquero

Stayed at the PP five times so far and heading back on Friday. The PP is the only place I've been (others are Dom Rep, Bulgaria, Spain, Tunisia) where I haven't had stomach problems.

Girvan, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recent Bad Review of Playa Pesquero

Just got back from p.p today and there were lots of poeple with upset tummies my husband was so bad he was put on a drip .I also was I'll with chest infection

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recent Bad Review of Playa Pesquero

Sounds like someone brought a flu with them and shared with everyone

M

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
827 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recent Bad Review of Playa Pesquero

Never heard of anyone with flu having to be put on a drip because of tummy troubles, Personally I would watch the reviews coming in and then message them and ask questions directly.

Jan

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,349 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recent Bad Review of Playa Pesquero

As a very rough rule of thumb, people with food poisoning are more likely to have diarrhea, whereas vomiting suggests something like the Norwalk virus.....the bane of cruise ships.