We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscreen

Montreal
Level Contributor
508 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sunscreen

I just wanted to know, in januray what sunscreen should I go for. 15fps, 30 or more....I know in the summer, they reccomend any sunscreen over 30 to avoid getting burned, but what about in January, which one is a perfect one to get a nice tan...im worried that if I take a 30 or 45, I might come back home without a tan considering its the not the warmest time of the year there.

MONTREAL QUEBEC...
Level Contributor
587 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunscreen

I find it depends on how your body copeswith the sun.. I dont burn so I always use 15 or 20, but my husband puts on 30 cause heburns easily.

Montreal
Level Contributor
508 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunscreen

15 it is then

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunscreen

fb, Not the worst idea to bring both. I've been in January when it was hot and not a cloud in the sky...and once, when sunscreen was not required. And bring more than you think you need because if you run out...hotel shop prices and crappy quality are the only other resource.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunscreen

I don't burn easily, and I always wear either 70 or 45! Get a great tan with it too! I would be red & brown with 15 lol!

Montreal
Level Contributor
508 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunscreen

70!!!Thats way too much, id be going back in cold Canada all white....I think 15 is good, but ill bring both to be sure...ill try the 15 on the first day, if I see I got burned by the sun, ill use the 30 afterwards...all I know is I don't want to go back to Canada white,lol

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunscreen

How long are you going for again?

If 2 weeks, wear 30 the first and 15 the second. I don't wear any, but I fake'n bake for a month prior as I typically travel solo and really, really, really don't want to need to ask a Cuban to put some cream on my back LOL.

Montreal
Level Contributor
508 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunscreen

Im going there for a week solo, ill probably get a spray sunscreen

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunscreen

The spray cannisters don't last long. 2 cans at least.

Montreal
Level Contributor
508 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunscreen

Ty, ill bring three to be sure

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunscreen

so then 2x 15 SPF and 1 x 30 SPF just in case would be good. Then you have left overs for your next trip. In your picture, it looks like you have olive skin, so you should be fine, but a black friend of mine burned this past April in Cuba...she was such a baby about it too. probably because it was her first burn.