We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels/resorts out there (All Inclusive) to be recommended?

Sutton, Surrey
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels/resorts out there (All Inclusive) to be recommended?

I am looking for an all-inclusive that anyone would recommend for any part of Cuba. From Late Jan for 2 weeks. All welcome as this is first time to Cuba and would like a great holiday. I have a 15 year old daughter and a husband that will be coming along also.....

Any help much appreciated - Thanks again!!

Jude

Nottingham
Level Contributor
917 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels/resorts out there (All Inclusive) to be recommended?

Hi Jude,

Most posters on this forum will have their own favourites.Ours is the Luna/Mares. Remember you usually gets what you pay for. Read the reviews and take a middle line between disgusting and excellent. As many on this forum have found out ----- is that Cuba really gets under your skin and you can easily be addicted. Only to find out that you need a fix as often as you can get one!

Ray531

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels/resorts out there (All Inclusive) to be recommended?

Hi,

We love the Playa Costa Verde, going for our 6th time in May!

We find it incredibly friendly, a beautiful resort, food is very good....I could go on...and on.....and on!

Also, all the drinks are international, not just local, and don't cost extra as they seem to at some AI's.

Nickie

ottawa
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels/resorts out there (All Inclusive) to be recommended?

We have been to cuba 3 times. And after going to Holguin last year, I would not go back to varadero. Holguin is in a beautiful Area- the mountains, villages and city.... Lots to do. Snorkeling is great.

We stayed at blau costa verde... Small resort, good food and excellent sunsets and snorkeling right off the beach. Rooms are very basic, but clean and the price is right. It was perfect for us, but if you are looking for a bigger hotel with a bit more luxury, playa pesquero was on the same stretch of beach people we met said it was great.

In varadero, we stayed at iberostar varadero - beautiful beach, but narrow due to past hurricane. Great food and staff, but very quiet - lots of young families (which we are) so don't know if your daughter would like it.

Have fun...I am on line trying to book another trip there now!

Edited: 06 January 2011, 00:24
Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
707 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels/resorts out there (All Inclusive) to be recommended?

Hey Judee,

I think we are one of the rare ones, we have been to Cuba about 15 times and never more than twice at one resort (even though some where great).

At that time of year the further south the better, so Holguin, Cayo Largo or the south shore are best. I second the thoughts about Varadero and we wont be returning there.

We generally look for the good deals then read the reviews on the resorts available. Make sure you read between the lines on the reviews based on YOUR tastes. If someone hated the beach and you are a pool person it doesnt really matter. If they travel low season and complain about things not being open then it may not matter to you travelling in higher season.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
99,765 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels/resorts out there (All Inclusive) to be recommended?

Looks like Jude has chosen to go to the Dominican Republic:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147290-i64-k414…

6. Re: Hotels/resorts out there (All Inclusive) to be recommended?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2011, 07:40