We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sirenis Playa Turquesa "maybe??"

Ottawa, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Sirenis Playa Turquesa "maybe??"

This is my first trip ever!! so I don't want to be disappointed. I keep coming back to this resort mostly because it seems to be a good deal and the reviews are good.

I don't see catamarans as part of the package. Can someone tell me if they are? Also, is swimming with dolphins available. We are looking to book maybe today or tomorrow.

I am so excited!!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,305 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa "maybe??"

I'm pretty sure Hobie Cats would be available as they are at all the other Guardalavaca resorts.

Swimming with the Dolphins is available as a tour. The Marina where it takes place is only a 15 to 20 minutes drive away.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa "maybe??"

I have been twice going again this year. Yes they have catamarans, pedal boats and kayaks, you are supposed to book them in the morning but this isn't always necessary but a good idea. The swim with dolphin tour is available and a great experience, we did it 3 years ago from a neighboring resort. The jeep safari is also a great day trip as well.

I have never gone hungry , the steps seem to be an issue for some but they weren't for us. If you explore the resort there are many ways to avoid the steps, it may take longer but whats the hurry, you are on vacation!

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll help if I can .

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,305 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa "maybe??"

I'm sure those steps must help you keep fit. Surely no need for step aerobics at this resort. Strange as it may seem it would be one of the attractions for me as I can't be doing with lying on a sunbed all day long. I like to keep on the move.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa "maybe??"

The hobie cats are definitely available but book up quickly so book them early. If you can't get a booking, simply keep checking with the guys - if they have an opening, they will take you!!! Food at the buffet is way better than any of the a la carte restaurants we found. Also, the stairs were great exercise but if you don't want to walk up, get a golf cart - they will take you where you want to go!!!

Ottawa, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa "maybe??"

Thanks for the replies everyone. It's great to have sites like these to get some insight of what to expect.

I'm not the type of person to lie in the sun all day so I'm looking for things to do and places to see. There are so many different resorts to choose from that it makes you dizzy trying to decide. Whatever we choose, I'm sure it will be better than this bone chilling cold we are experiencing right now.

Again, I can't wait...I've never been in the ocean before or have ever seen a palm tree.

Edited: 23 January 2011, 17:43
Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa "maybe??"

Can anyone tell me if there is Internet access in the hotel room? I need to bring work with me and will need access to internet to connect my own laptop.

A quick reply from anyone who knows would be great cuz we need to book today......

Thx!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa "maybe??"

no internet access in the room, can access in the lobby but hit and miss how quick it is.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,305 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa "maybe??"

Lori035:

There's no Wi-Fi here so you won't be able to connect via your own laptop.

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa "maybe??"

Thx very much.... Unfortunately That's a deal breaker. I suppose mostly like that all over holguin?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,305 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sirenis Playa Turquesa "maybe??"

In the area only the 5 star Paradisus Rio de Oro has Wi-Fi and that is only in the lobby area and the speed is only dial up.