We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A La Carte dining at SPT

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
A La Carte dining at SPT

So, anyone want to give me their recommendations for the best a la cartes at SPT? Also, will they allow you book ahead via email?

Barrie, ON
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A La Carte dining at SPT

Our favorite in February was the "Grille", worst was Mediteranian, but our kids are fussy eaters. We did have to pay attention at all of them as to how well cooked the meat was. If we ordered a steak medium it most often came back rare! The Italian was good and Oriental was marginal. If you don't like the way something is cooked, don't be afraid to send it back. They were most helpful in that respect and it always came back the way we wanted it.That was our thoughts. I know many other people loved them all. Hope you enjoy them!

Edited: 24 March 2011, 19:24
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
671 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A La Carte dining at SPT

I like them all. My least favourite might be the mediteranian, due to its location (sort of sandwiched between the buffet and some rest rooms). The food is fine.

I don't believe you can reserve them by email. It's best to line up and book them all at once on your first morning. The line up is usually shorter later in the morning, and unless you are a large group, you shouldn't have trouble making your reservations.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A La Carte dining at SPT

I also don't think you can reserve via e-mail. So do reserve your a la cartes as soon as you are able as they can fill up fast. Our fave was the Grille, would've liked to have gone there twice. We didn't even bother trying the Oriental as per bad reviews I read on TA and what people told us while there.

Enjoy.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
350 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A La Carte dining at SPT

We have been to the SPT 4 times...and have tried all of the a la cartes...we enjoy them all.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
671 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A La Carte dining at SPT

The Asian (El Gong) seems to get bad reviews, but we like it very much. It is a type of "fusion" asian restaurant with sushi, tempura, and cantonese-style dishes.

6. Re: A La Carte dining at SPT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 15:15