We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest PP review

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
246 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Latest PP review

I was reading the latest review on the PP (comments were positive). What I was wondering was the comment below: " The $10/per extra Bistro steak place was great but the meat doesnt get much cooking time, order medium.. get rare ect. the double 8oz filet minon skewer was awesome and Alberta steaks there"

Is the PP starting to charge for extras?? Anyone else come across this? Thanks.

Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest PP review

Did the steak tell you it was from Alberta, or was it stamped into your steak. LOL

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest PP review

Why not PM the person who wrote the review?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,224 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest PP review

One of the chef's at the Japanese Restaurant told me they used Alberta beef in that restaurant, but not in the buffet.

Northern Alberta
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest PP review

I read something that was the same for PCV, a 10 CUC to go to the Steak Restaurant, which was at one time the Vegetarian Rest. Must be something new with Gavotia Resorts. I wish they would bring back the lobster night, I would pay 10 CUC for that.

Smiles

CC

Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest PP review

I just googled it and see that Alberta is increasing there export of beef to Cuba and other Carribean destinations. That is a good thing when it comes to eating steak in Cuba.

MONTREAL QUEBEC...
Level Contributor
587 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest PP review

Actually the mojito bar which serves lunch during the day turns into a specialized restaurant at night with limited seating.. you pay $10 pesos and the chef cooks your meal for you. Suppose to be good but when we were there the couple that went apparently the restaurant ran out of the beef.. But from others that went on a different night they said it was great.But why pay the extra there are enough other a la carte restaurants to chose from

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,224 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest PP review

beebygirl:

Are you saying then that it is no longer the vegetarian restaurant?

MONTREAL QUEBEC...
Level Contributor
587 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latest PP review

When we were there in February the mojito bar turned into the bistro resto that you paid for. I never reallzed that it was a vegetarian restaurant. not sure where the vegetarian restaurant is now. I do remem ber seeng a vegetarian menu when we booked our a la carte but not sure if that menu has been made part of another a la carte

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
246 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Latest PP review

It must be a high season thing then because there were no buy ups or pay extra for meals when I went last July. The mojito bar was closed in the evenings (if memory serves me correct). I didn't even know where the Vegetarian restaurant was even though I knew there was one because of the boards.

I did send a message to the poster but reply as of yet.

MONTREAL QUEBEC...
Level Contributor
587 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Latest PP review

I also saw that if you wanted to eat Japanese you paid 20 pesos and you could go the Coste Verde Resort transportation included.. Thought that was a little bit much .