We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pp charging extra?

brixham devon...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
pp charging extra?

A friend of mine has just return from pp and said she was charged for wine and dinning in 3 of the restaurants anyone know if this is a new perminant policy. Been to pp a few times but would not like this new policy. Anyone now anything about this.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pp charging extra?

Thats kind of strange the a la cartes and wine have always been part of the AI plan. Some thing is not right here? Which travel provider did your friend use?

BRANTFORD
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pp charging extra?

Maybe this will help to explain. We were at the Pesquero in April. There is a "Lobster Extravaganza" on the beach at sunset that has an extra cost attached. I think it was about $18.00 cdn per person - was a really nice evening! You can also book and go next door to the Japanese restaurant - it was about $20.00 per person - fun evening as well. There was some sort of grill restaurant that was had an extra cost attached - we didn't do this - so I'm not sure how much it was. These three choices are over and above all the other ala carte's. You certainly didn't have to do them - just worked for us. I didn't spend any extra on wine at the ala carte's -- if memory serves - there was a wind list - that you could purchase wine off of - but the house wine was quite nice! Hope this helps.

MONTREAL QUEBEC...
Level Contributor
587 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pp charging extra?

that probably right.. when we were there in feb we had the option to dine at the japaneses for 20 pesos each at the sister hotel, also at the mohito bar which serves lunch turns into a bistro grill and you have to pay there as well i think it was 10 pesos per person and they had a wine list as well to chose from. other than that everything was A1.. I think though when it is sold as a A! it should remain that and not start charging . What will they charge for next year...????

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,313 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pp charging extra?

It now costs 25 CUC pep person to dine at the Japanese restaurant at the PCV.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pp charging extra?

Bellagio,

The 25 CUC only applies to guests from PP, right? Your statement above makes it sound like this is a charge for everyone.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
97,313 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pp charging extra?

Sorry for any misunderstanding. I was just assuming that as the thread was entitled 'PP charging extra', that people would realise I meant the charge for the Japanese restaurant at the PCV applied to guests of the Playa Pesquero only. It is, of course, free to those staying at the PCV.

London
Level Contributor
297 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pp charging extra?

I love Japanese food, so will have to try out this restaurant.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
97,313 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pp charging extra?

It's not so much Japanese, though they do have a sushi course. It's more to do with the Teppanyaki style of Japanese cuisine that uses an iron griddle to cook the food,

Edited: 19 May 2011, 12:35
Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
246 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pp charging extra?

hmmm.. I would have paid the extra 10 cc's pp for the lobster dinner at the mojito bar. it was closed in the evenings (as was the 2nd buffet) during off season (aka summer). I have to say though that the lobster that we had at the al cartes and the buffet were top notch!

Redruth, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pp charging extra?

Definitely no charges in the meditteranean, carribbean, italian or Romatica.