We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CanJet baggage allowance

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
CanJet baggage allowance

Me and my husband will be flying with CanJet this Saturday and we're just wondering, is CanJet strict with the 20 kgs checked baggage allowance per person? Has anyone had any experience with being a couple kgs over the allowed weight? I know the best advice is to make sure to keep it to 20 kgs but I'd like to know so I can make some changes now and not at the airport (with a huge line of people waiting behind us!) Any info would be appreciated.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,645 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CanJet baggage allowance

In this day and age you should always assume that the airline will be strict with their luggage regulations and follow their rules to the letter.

Plan and pack accordingly.

Cheers,

Terry

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CanJet baggage allowance

Yes, Canjet, as well as other charter airlines, are strict about your luggage allowance. Many are also now weighing your carry-on bag. Having said that, some check-in clerks are less rigorous than others depending on their mood.

Unless you want to pay hefty, per kilo, overweight luggage charges adjust your packing now.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CanJet baggage allowance

That's good advice. I'll make sure not to over pack my carry-on as well. I've never had my carry-on weighed! Thanks for the heads-up.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CanJet baggage allowance

You might want to check out Canjet "select" which will give you an extra 10kg of weight, plus a few other perks. Cost is 45.00 pp one way or 79.00 return. You usually only need it one way so at a cost of 12.00 per kg for over weight charges, might be worth it. Here is the link:

canjet.com/en/…canjetselect.aspx

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CanJet baggage allowance

Cool. Thanks again! Really appreciate it

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
431 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CanJet baggage allowance

last year my suitcase was a little over, but since my carry-on was a reasonable size they let it go....also on another occasion when travelling with my sister we were at the airport in holguin returning home and her bag was over. The guy was really nice and said that he would "sneek" it through as if it was ok..my sister VERY relieved (her bags are always over..you think she would learn by now lol) asked the man if she could offer him a tip. Naturally he said yes so she gave him 10 pesos!!! was still cheaper than paying for the extra weight...!! I think that they usually are strict about the weight of luggage, BUT also I believe that there is a little margin of error!!!! like everything in life it probably comes down to just how the person checking your luggage feels on any given day!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CanJet baggage allowance

I guess it depends on the person. Still, I won't push my luck. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it!

Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CanJet baggage allowance

The extra 10kg of weight allowance with Canjet select has to fit in the one piece of checked baggage that each person is allowed. You get a separate check-in line and are supposed to have priority baggage handling. Don't expect it to happen the way they say though. Baggage comes off in Cuba in whatever order they take it. We booked Canjet select in April, were told our baggage was supposed to be first off when we arrived but in fact we were almost the last ones to board the shuttle to the resort. The return perks with Canjet Select are not worth the money.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CanJet baggage allowance

Thanks for all the replies. I've repacked and I'm good to go. Leaving tomorrow. Can't wait!

10. Re: CanJet baggage allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 13:16