We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Photographer at PRDO

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
268 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding Photographer at PRDO

Hi, can anyone give me any feedback on the wedding photographer at the PRDO.

Getting married there on 1st November,

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kent England
Level Contributor
512 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Photographer at PRDO

Hi Tracey,

don't know anything about the wedding photographer but will make sure i have got plenty of spare on our camera

Bev

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Photographer at PRDO

Hi,

When we were married 18 months ago at PRDO we thought the photos taken by the photographer were good. They were not the quality you would expect from a photographer here in the UK but then you're not paying what you would in the UK either.

If you're concerned, just make sure you also arrange for friends or other people to take some photos aswell. We were lucky enough to have some family there so they also took some. Judging by the post above mine, it looks like Kitewit has already volunteered!

Our wedding photographer took photos from when I arrived at the gazebo until we returned to reception after the wedding ceremony and spa/beach photos. He was not there to take any photos at the dinner which may mean you want to take note of this and make some arrangements if you would like some taking then.

They may have a different photographer now from the one we had but I hope this info helps.

Sam

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Photographer at PRDO

Hi . Bev.

That sounds good. Would be nice to have some more natural photos!!

4 weeks today and we will be there!

2nd time for you!!

See you soon.

Tracey x

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Photographer at PRDO

Hi Sam. Thanks for your posting.

I wouldnt want too much fuss with the photographer. Just some nice natural shots really.

Yes we have hopefully got some witnesses for our wedding.

More the merrier!!!

Kent England
Level Contributor
512 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Photographer at PRDO

Hi,

not long now. just gone on crash diet so I can enjoy the holiday. absolutely starving and what is more frustrating in that the other half can eat anything and never puts on a lb. have you got your 50% deet spray you will need it.

Bev

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding Photographer at PRDO

Hi. Yea we were hoping to start a cut down today but have just been out for a big carvery, so sat here feeling all fat and full!!

Have never been bothered by mosquitos before so wasnt too bothered by taking all that stuff. Have got some deet but its years old.lol!

Are you one of these people that gets eaten alive anywhere?

Hopefully not too much rain so the little buggers may not come out to play!!

Started packing yesterday!!!!!

Kent England
Level Contributor
512 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding Photographer at PRDO

Hi,

You are making me very envious. Re mozzies they look at me and think a la carte. I can be bitten to death in our back garden never mind Cuba. I remember it being particularly bad in the Cuban last time as it is surrounded by water.

Bev

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding Photographer at PRDO

Hi. Bev. Think I better go out and get some new deet " in date"!!

Better to be safe than sorry.

Hopefully the hotel will fumigate each night.

Thick fog, great!!

27 days and counting!! lol!

Tracey.

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding Photographer at PRDO

I think tjgfitness is very right, go out whilst you can and buy some in date deet, if you do get bitten badly you will seriously regret not buying some for the sake of a few £ and the trip out to get it. A good one and easy to purchase from the UK is either from Boots or Superdrug, it is 50% deet. One can used per night will last 1 person a fortnights holiday (that is using it on arms and full length of legs)

Kent England
Level Contributor
512 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding Photographer at PRDO

collecting tickets tomorrow yippee! pleased to know you are getting the deet!

It is the Boots silver spray that seems to work best.