We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I pay for trips?

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
268 reviews
Save Topic
How can I pay for trips?

Hi. Can anyone tell me if I can pay for trips with English pounds, for trips with First choice/ Thomas cook.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I pay for trips?

All excursions are paid in local currency (CUC) you can also pay by credit cards that have no affiliation with American banks.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I pay for trips?

You will have to pay in CUC's ~ you can exchange your sterling pounds at the hotel money exchange. If you take a credit card you will have to ensure that it has not got any American afilliation or else you will not be able to use it.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I pay for trips?

whoops, sorry ddcuba, I got destracted whilst writing and never checked to see if someone had replied before I posted...sorry !!

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I pay for trips?

Hi. Thanks for that.

Thought that might have been the case.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How can I pay for trips?

Nothing to be sorry about LoonyLou..

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How can I pay for trips?

Thomas cook will now allow you to pay for trips in sterling as well, they will use an exchange rate of 1.45

Mike

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How can I pay for trips?

Thanks for that Mike but what a rip off, when the exchange rate is currently 1.52 CUC to £1. You should be able to get 1.50 at your resort Cadeca.

Trust Thomas Cook to screw every last penny out of you.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
985 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How can I pay for trips?

hi there - as you probably know make sure that your bills have no writing on them or rips and tears. they will be refused! have a blast !!!!

9. Re: How can I pay for trips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 21:19