We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Pesquero-drying racks?

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Pesquero-drying racks?

Heading for PP Jan 20 and I can't wait! I have a couple of questions though. Small things, but nice to know :)

Are there drying racks on the balcony for towels and bathing suits?

Does this resort provide facecloths or should we bring our own like we usually do?

I was at one resort that had no plug for the tub or sink, does PP have plugs? Using a facecloth to plug the drain didn't work very well and seems kind of icky! LOL!

Thanks-Capers4

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Pesquero-drying racks?

No drying racks and you will need to take your own facecloths.

The sink and bath do have plugs.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Pesquero-drying racks?

Thanks for the quick answer. I have always taken a light rope and clothespins and have never needed it. I wasn't going to pack it this time, glad I asked!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Pesquero-drying racks?

I'm glad you asked too... I just assumed they would have one as most usually do.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Pesquero-drying racks?

Do they? I've never stayed at an hotel with one.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Pesquero-drying racks?

I've only been to a couple of resorts, but they all had drying racks on the balcony, and I know from seeing vacation pictures from friends that theirs did too.

A friend ended up without a drying rack on one trip and she stretched a pair of pantyhose out to use as a drying line and tied it to the balcony spindles. It must have looked kind of funny, but a line and pins is something she suggested to me before my first trip and it seemed like a good idea to keep packing it. Saves having to chase your suit down after it blows off the balcony railing!

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Pesquero-drying racks?

I've only been to a couple of resorts, but they all had drying racks on the balcony, and I know from seeing vacation pictures from friends that theirs did too.

A friend ended up without a drying rack on one trip and she stretched a pair of pantyhose out to use as a drying line and tied it to the balcony spindles. It must have looked kind of funny, but a line and pins is something she suggested to me before my first trip and it seemed like a good idea to keep packing it. Saves having to chase your suit down after it blows off the balcony railing!

ontario
Level Contributor
478 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Pesquero-drying racks?

I have never seen a drying rack on the balcony, though some will have the string to pull across the bathtub.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
417 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa Pesquero-drying racks?

I have one of these that I found in the camping section of Canadian Tire (couldn't find it now on the CT website)... takes up way less space in suitcase than rope and clothespins, I never leave home without it now. You can just stretch it across the balcony attached to the rails, clothes are secured by pushing ends through the twisted elastic.

campingworld.com/shopping/…44035

St.Jerome, Quebec
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa Pesquero-drying racks?

I have been to a few resorts in Cuba and have never come across these "drying racks" on balconies. I have often seen and used the clothesline that pulls across the length of the tub, very practical and out of sight. With the high degree of humidity, I think clothes probably would take longer to dry outside rather than in. I don't particularly like the sight of people's clothing hanging on balconies but to each his own.

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
244 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Playa Pesquero-drying racks?

The IBV in Varadero had a drying rack on the balcony.

Other than that, I usually pin the suits on the back and on the arm rests of the chairs.

There was also a clothesline in the shower at the PP where we would hang the other stuff that we didn't want to leave outside.