We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine available for purchase at PP

Ottawa. ON
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Topic
Wine available for purchase at PP

I've read in a few reviews now that PP has wine available for purchase, is this new?? What is the approx. cost? Anyone remember what red is available for purchase??

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine available for purchase at PP

We paid 20 cuc for a bottle of Casilaro del Diablo shiraz, which is pretty much what I spend here in Canada from the liquor store. In restaurants that price would be doubled for sure!

The buffet's red wine isn't good so we bought the Shiraz without a second thought!

Mentioned in this post
Shiraz
Shiraz
Fars Province, Iran
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,837 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine available for purchase at PP

Agreed about the quality of the red wine in the buffet, it is poor. Never purchased any wine though myself. I always manage to get by drinking mimosas.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine available for purchase at PP

20CUC for wine!! It'll be a cold day in Hell before I shell out for wine at an AI resort. If it's that bad I'll drink something else. Apart from tips, rum & cigars I shall spend nothing - that's why it's called All Inclusive.....

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
102,837 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine available for purchase at PP

reuben31:

My sentiments entirely, but each to his own, I suppose.

Ottawa. ON
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine available for purchase at PP

Thanks everyone!! Don't think we will be spending the 20 CUC's either!! I've alwasy been able to find something I like.

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
257 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine available for purchase at PP

Ottawatraveler: the white at the buffet was decent - no issues with either myself or my husband. At the al cartes we always got the sparkling wine (or the champagne as they like to call it).

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
102,837 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine available for purchase at PP

Agree the white wine is OK, especially the Cava.

8. Re: Wine available for purchase at PP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2013, 10:30