We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New destinations

bognor regis
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
New destinations

second visit in March this year beach disappointing

compared to last year,time to move on.Anybody got any

views of hotels they have been to that are good in the world.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New destinations

Without sounding patronising, there is more than one beautiful beach in Cuba, how about trying a different destination in Cuba, Cayo Santa Maria has beautiful beaches as does Varadero (+ many more). Another thing to consider is the time of year you go, that can make a difference to how the beaches are too. weather can be quite unsettled in March and winds can be prominent too, that can make a difference to the beach. Infact I dont think you can get to CSM from here until May through to end October, I could be wrong.

Mentioned in this post
Rhondda Cynon Taff...
Level Contributor
231 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New destinations

We love Mexico , Riviera Maya, we have stayed there for the last 3 years but are giving Cuba a try this time. We have stayed in 3 different hotels and all have been excellent.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
bognor regis
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New destinations

Thanks for that which hotel was the best prefer smaller hotel

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New destinations

We went to Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria in march and the beach was beautiful but would not recommend the hotel... We also just returned yesterday from Sirrenis Playa Turquesa... save your money....

we were told about some great all inclusives in Costa Rica and Panama... time for a change.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Panama
Panama
Central America
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
867 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New destinations

Turks and Caicos. If you are looking for a beautiful beach and smaller resorts, Grace Bay has it.

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,047 Reviews
Providenciales
Rhondda Cynon Taff...
Level Contributor
231 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New destinations

Turks and Caicos , would love to go there but it's a second mortgage for people from Britain. x

Mentioned in this post
London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,578 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New destinations

If you want to give Cuba another try, maybe take a look at the Iberostar Cayo Ensenachos. It was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. I have a review and lots of pics posted if you are interested :-) Another suggestion would by Cayo Levantado in Samana (DR), it was a fantastic place.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Samana Province
Samana Province
Dominican Republic
bognor regis
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New destinations

Thanks for that been to Cuba twice time to move on.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New destinations

Turks and Caicos is a 2nd mortgage for people in Canada too. The price to go there is scary.

Mentioned in this post
Carleton Place...
Level Contributor
841 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New destinations

I was at Riviera Maya last July ...I agree, it is wonderful..I stayed at Iberostar beach (there are several Iberostars) it was fantastic...great food, GORGEOUS grounds small..like you I don't like big resorts. Beautiful beaches and Lots of great excursions.. you will like it if you ever go.

We are planning on Costa Rica this coming Dec....which resort is it you were told about...we are doing an Alaskan Cruise and land tour in June for 2 weeks and just got back from Niagra Falls ( that was not a big trip for us just a 6 hr drive) after we get back from Alaska I will be getting serious about booking Costa Rica, so if you found some place highly recommended I would love to hear about it

Angela

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America