We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prdo third time holiday

Burton on trent...
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Prdo third time holiday

Hi everyone

We have just booked Prdo again for 2013 and as many of you would already know, probably one of the best hotels in Cuba. Only problem is that Thomson's have seemed to increase their prices to a point that seems to be far too expensive, We have also noticed that their flights are reduced from two flights per week to just the one flight from early May onwards.

Lucky for us Thomas Cook have come to the rescue and although they would not usually be our first choice, on this occasion price really does matter even with the reduced baggage allowance of just 15kg.

Would appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Kindest regards

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prdo third time holiday

Hi. Yes we have been looking at booking with Thomas Cook for PRDO next year as Thompsons are much more expensive.

You still get 20kgs with Thomas Cook.

The price is the issue I agree!

Burton on trent...
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prdo third time holiday

Hi tjgfitness

We have just checked and double checked our email confirmation from Thomas Cook and the weight allowance definitely says 15kg, mind you if it is correct we can get the extra weight allowance back with carry on hand luggage.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,754 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prdo third time holiday

You should get 20kg with Thomas Cook to PRDO and 5kg hand luggage.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
300 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prdo third time holiday

If you've booked with Thomas Cook Holidays in Style brochure it's 20kg luggage allowance and priority transfer - we've booked with them for May 2013 - no issues with TC in the past plane as good as Thomson re legspace.

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prdo third time holiday

I have booked the PRDO with TC for next June, the luggage allowance is most definately 20kg. I normally always pay for extra luggage allowance which would take me up to 25kg, but am not doing that this time as it will cost us another £80 each just to add on another 5kg per person. £160 for the two of us extra I think is very expensive. Direct Holidays is far cheaper but now I can only find the RS side available :( and their extra 5kg of luggage each is £40 per person (half price), this is unreal seen as you are actually on the same flight and plane as they are sister companies.

Burton on trent...
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prdo third time holiday

We think it might be a good idea to contact TC and ask then to clarify the weight because on the booking confirmation it definitely states 15kg. I don't suppose it might have something to do with it being a on line booking?

Will let you all know how we get on

Rgds

Mike n helen

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prdo third time holiday

The PRDO is classed as the premium hotel so the luggage allowance is 20kg. Get back to us when you have double checked. I am 100% for us because I have gone through all the paperwork. Also just check make sure they have not charged you a credit card charge if you paid via debit card, they not just charged me once but twice!!! and I don't even own a credit card, they had to refund me.

UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prdo third time holiday

Hi Butonians

We have booked our 4th visit for next April, but as hubby needs extra leg room, 6ft 2" with two knee ops, we have had to pay to go with Thomsons as TC don't have premium seats on the outbound. Wish we didn't have to travel from Gatwick but Thomsons don't seem to by flying from Manchester at all next year. If TC still did premium we would definately have considered them as Thomsons do appear to be getting rather pricey.

Burton on trent...
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prdo third time holiday

Hi All

It would appear that it was an admin error on the communication email from TC, once we received the E ticket the weight allowance was confirmed as 20kg thanks to all of you for all the advice given.

Kindest regards

Mike n Helen

Burton on trent...
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prdo third time holiday

Hi Kilimaspitz

Good to see that you have booked prdo again, we would have been on our fourth trip also, however we lost one holiday due to the icelandic volcano eruption. This year we are meeting our very good Canadian friends for the second time so as you can imagine we are very excited about prdo. As an added bonus we have been invited to Ottawa later in the year...... 2013 is going to be a wonderful year!

We also would have preferred Manchester but unfortunately it's not an option this coming year.

Rgds