We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La brisas hotel guardalavaca holguin cuba

T0R0NTO ONTARIO...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
La brisas hotel guardalavaca holguin cuba

has anyone heard or had information regarding the La brisas hotel or any damage reports affecting the hotel - would appreciate any information - i am headed there come tuesday. thanks i have had no e.mail response.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: La brisas hotel guardalavaca holguin cuba

well as I understand it Brisas is functioning ok and a lot of the damages are being repaired and the cleaning up operation is almost complete; everybody, including guests; are working really hard to get things done.

I think a big thumbs up is in order for all those guests that are avidly helping to clear up the devastation during their vacation time so that future guests can get in there asap and enjoy Brisas once again...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: La brisas hotel guardalavaca holguin cuba

Definitely, that is very good of the guests to pitch in for sure!

Will see what happens, am waiting to hear back from my agent. Whether we will be sent to PP still remains up in the air....

Edited: 28 October 2012, 15:27
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: La brisas hotel guardalavaca holguin cuba

As long as they let me know soon....I fly from TO tomorrow!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: La brisas hotel guardalavaca holguin cuba

Best of luck as I doubt you will be able to contact us once there.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: La brisas hotel guardalavaca holguin cuba

Yes I know but will post when I return (if I go) , at least that may benefit future travelers leaving in November. If its as bad as it sounds like it may be people will need to know.

Hopefully I can provide good info so others aren't in a nervous situation like I am right now!

Edited: 28 October 2012, 15:47
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: La brisas hotel guardalavaca holguin cuba

We are flying from TO on same flight as you Jetsgrrrr, and same here. No idea what the plan is. WestJet maintains the Brisas didn't sustain any damage and we have nothing to worry about. In a snotty tone.

Hoping for the best.

Halifax, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: La brisas hotel guardalavaca holguin cuba

Just got back from Brisas. On our bus ride back to the airport I thought they said they were not taking any new guests for 2 weeks or so and were moving some people out of Holguin altogether if they wanted. By the time the 3 buses of canadians left (we were the last) it seemed like a ghost town.

It is amazing what their staff have been able to do all things considered, but I wouldn't want to be going there tomorrow for a vacation. By the time we left yesterday, the water was working again and the electricity was on most of the time. The pool was reopened and their staff are doing a great job. The buffet was the only option available, but considering the circumstances you cannot complain!

There is extensive damages to the rooms and the structure and that they will need to address. Is it habitable? of course it is but it is not luxury.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: La brisas hotel guardalavaca holguin cuba

Brisas has lowered their price on Redtag. For Nov 1st it says "(Note: Price has been reduced. Limited time offer.)".

$970 all in for two.

29. Re: La brisas hotel guardalavaca holguin cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2013, 09:16