We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling trip with kids

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling trip with kids

Hi,

Please share your experience with catamaran / snorkeling trip so I can decide how suitable it is for kids. I have 3 kids - age 2, 6 and 11. I can leave little ones with my husband at the hotel if its not such a good idea to take them on this trip. Has somebody tried with kids 11-12 years old?

Thanks!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling trip with kids

We go to Cuba every year and do the catamaran trip with our kids. My son was 3 yrs old on his first trip!! We leave in 3 days and just purchased snorkeling equipment for both of them-age 6 & 10

Your kids will love the catamaran, just make sure they wear a life jacket. I would suggest bringing your own.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
209 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling trip with kids

depending on how long you want to snokel for i would suggest going on the catamaran/dolphin trip (great for kids/teens). its a full day trip where you take a bus from the resort to the dock where the catamaran is (free drinks/snacks aboard). from there you go out on the water for a nice little cruise until you get to a beautiful coral reef just out infront of the Sol Luna Meres resort. You stay there and snorkel for roughly an hour (the tour guides go in the water with you and drop fish food so you can see all kinds of amazing fish). the snorkel equiptment is all provided but as others said if you have your own gear bring it. After you snorkel you get back on the catamaran and you go to Bahia de Naranjo Nature Park where you will swim with the doplhins and enjoy a nice lobster lunch. You then get back on the catamaran and head back to where you left off and get back on the bus to go back to the resort. This is a great trip and includes a little thing for everyone (young and old) i am going to Playa Costa Verde in April and will be doing this trip again. For 120 CUC for adult and 72 CUC for children. Well worth the price!!

hope this helps you!

Enjoy.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling trip with kids

The Guardalavaca resorts have decent off the beach snorkelling, if you think the catamaran trip will be too long. As mentioned, you end up in front of Sol Luna Mares as the catamaran stops there, albeit a bit far out for kids on their own.

4. Re: Snorkeling trip with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 09:16
Get answers to your questions about Holguin
Recent Conversations