We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wishing I hadn't booked the PP ?

Hertford
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Wishing I hadn't booked the PP ?

All the reviews are talking about no sun beds left after 7.00am and rowdy drunken parties. We are going in August with two older children and wanted more of a relaxing time around the pool with some interesting day trips. We normally choose Riu hotels and have always been impressed. Can someone please put my mind at rest and tell me I will be able to find a quieter spot in the shade with no drunken neighbours? I live in hope. .......

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wishing I hadn't booked the PP ?

You can be sure that August will be alot quieter. It is after all low season.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,961 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wishing I hadn't booked the PP ?

Occupancy rate will be below 50% in August, so you shouldn't have any problems finding sun beds around the pool or at the beach.

I wouldn't have thought that the Pesquero would have been any rowdier than other hotels in the area.

Hertford
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wishing I hadn't booked the PP ?

Even though its peak school holidays in Britain? That would be fabulous. I was getting a bit downhearted.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,961 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wishing I hadn't booked the PP ?

It maybe peak holiday season in the UK, but it's the Canadians who make up the majority of travellers to Cuba and they prefer to go to escape their winter so that is when it is peak season in Cuba.

During August the majority of holidaymakers at the hotels will be from the UK, and as there are not that many flights into Holguin from the UK the resorts will all be operating at low occupancy rates, particularly as the prices from the UK during this period are at their highest.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wishing I hadn't booked the PP ?

Now. I actually said this regarding the hotels in Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo that they would be quieter at this time of year and low and behold, I got told that this was not true, as many Canadians travel at this time of year. Unless its different in the Cayo's, I would not have thought so.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wishing I hadn't booked the PP ?

been to playa pesquero loads of time summer and christmas never found busy its a lovely hotel and has biggest pool in cuba so plenty of room for everyone .

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wishing I hadn't booked the PP ?

Even if the PP was full, there is plenty room for everyone. You never feel it is that crowded.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wishing I hadn't booked the PP ?

If you can I would move unless you are happy to be surrounded by ill mannered foul mouthed tattooed Brits. Simply dreadful place !

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,961 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wishing I hadn't booked the PP ?

princessflorence:

Can you please tell us more? This can happen at any hotel, except probably the Paradisus Rio de Oro.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wishing I hadn't booked the PP ?

What more do you need to know other than the above?