We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back fr club amigo in holguin any question????

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
just back fr club amigo in holguin any question????

just back after 2 fab weeks in club amigo i have no complaints with the place only be aware if u dont like cats!!!! fab place any questions will happly answer

toronto
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: just back fr club amigo in holguin any question????

ben/harv,

I saw a really good deal for this place in September and I am thinking about going there. Normally my number one rule is not to stay anywhere under a 4 star. But we had friends that stayed there and they were o.k. with the place.

1st question: what is the best place/location/villa or bungalow?

2nd question:are there lots of huts and chairs?

3rd question: does the beach have a lot of coral?

What is the difference in all the hotels ie club amigo,club guardalovca, villas and bungalows. Which is better villas or bungalows?Thanks in advance

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just back fr club amigo in holguin any question????

hi there cvhgirl,

well for what we was told the bungalow and villas were both better then the standard rooms we stayed in the standard room ourselfs it had the basics, good air condition, telly ,bathroom clean ect but we did here a bit of noise in the evening, there were a few people upgrade to a bungalow and they said it was a lot better with sea veiw and there own balconey if u go in the bungalow section there is the bonus of the 24hr bar and the late evening entertainment with disco.

no 2- beach fab but no huts only trees to shade your self lots of sun chairs/beds

no3- guardalovca sea has a lot of weed at the bottom which u see sea urchants,crabs and sml fish but we found it u hire a paddle boat which is free and snorkling gear which is also free paddle out about 800mtrs and u can stand on the coral and go snorkling by the way great fun!!!

no4-

now to be honest all i no is that club amigo, gauardalovca,villas and bungalows used to be 4 different hotels until they merged in to one and no matter what part u stay at u have access to all areas.which is controlled by security so u feel very safe.

hope this is of help!!!

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just back fr club amigo in holguin any question????

we are thinking of staying in this hotel next year and i would like to know a couple of things.

We are going with an 18yr old girl & 6yr old boy. Do you think there will be things to do for each of them. Not too bothered about the younger child because aslong as there is a pool he is happy. More concerned about my teenage sister. I assume that if you stay in a standard room then you dont have access to 24hr bar/snacks or late night entertainment.

Is there anything to do in the immediate area, such as a small town you can walk around with a few shops or is it just beach/hotels??

Also do you recommend any excursions??

Sorry to ask so many questions, just want to know as much as poss before we book

thanks in advance

net

Ontario
Level Contributor
751 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just back fr club amigo in holguin any question????

Sorry to be a pain...but the Villa section is the newest and the part that has the 24 hr bar and nearer to the ocean. The bungalow section (I have stayed in it twice) is where the nightly show is, and it is the farthest from the beach. The bugalow has balconies on the top level and terraces on the bottom level. The pool is very quiet here (in both high and low season). If you are travelling low season the Gaurdalavaca section (the oldest area) will likely be closed. The Alantico is closest to the beach and it's pool is usually hopping.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just back fr club amigo in holguin any question????

hi there anet,

if you stay in the standard rooms you have access to the whole hotel,villa and bungalow section so yes u can use the 24hr/snack bar and afternoon and evening entertainment!!!!

no town close( not what i no off) only a gift market every day outside of the hotel and a few gift shops on site!!!

for your 18yr old should love the golden beach and crystal clear sea

theres free snorkerling on the beach and paddle boats entertainment at the hotel didnt do any afternoon activeities but there was archery, salsa lessons, gym ,speak spanish, mini golf, and a few more she will love the pool bar abel very friendly barman always makes u laugh

excursions a must is the dolphin trip we only done the half day but there is a full day and only cost £45 each for half day

u get a speedboat to the open bay swim with the dolphins for about 25min get a photo of them kissing u for 5cuc about £4 i think

2 shows after and time to have a look round trip u wont forget!!!!!!!!1

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just back fr club amigo in holguin any question????

thanks for your help

much appreciated

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
475 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just back fr club amigo in holguin any question????

We are going to Club Amigo in 7 weeks can you assit me in the following questions please ??

1 - What were the Excursions like in paticular the Havanna one ?

2- is the beach overcwowded ?

3- And is the rain fall bad we are going the 11th Sept for 2 weeks.

4 - We are going to hire a bike at the hotel is there some good places to visit and are the roads safe

thanks for yur help

x m

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just back fr club amigo in holguin any question????

There is more then one beach area but two are very, very small. The main beach can be a little crowded depending on when you go but September should be ok. The main beach is shared as a public beach as well.

The Havana tour is probably not one that many people have done due to it being rather costly and a very long day. You have to fly to and from Havana as part of the tour. Last I heard it was 200.00CUC for a day trip and 250.00 CUC for an overnight. It may be more now. Maybe someone that has done it recently can give more accurate figures. You leave your hotel at about 6:00am and arrive back around 11:00pm on the day trip.

There are some neat area to explore on bike but the roads are not the safest.

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
475 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just back fr club amigo in holguin any question????

Thanks Travellinfool

much appreciated we realise that the Havanna tour is pricey but its something that we have to do since we are travelling from the UK and Cuba would not be Cuba without going to Havanna

thanks for your Speedy responce

x m

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just back fr club amigo in holguin any question????

I agree, everyone should see Havana. Have a great trip!

Get answers to your questions about Holguin
Recent Conversations