We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest review of sol rio de luna

West Stockwith...
Level Contributor
99 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Latest review of sol rio de luna

Hi

What does anyone think of the latest review of this hotel? Has anyone else had this experience it just seems a bit contradictory to the other reviews.

A bit worried seeing as im off there next week. The person who wrote this doesnt have much good to say do they??

Lesley

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest review of sol rio de luna

Hey Lesley, Don't let one bad review spoil it for you, all the other reviews for this resort are really good and consistant.

The poster of that bad review didn't really say anything about the resort itself, just criticised a few staff members for not meeting his/her requests (rightly or wrongly) (maybe it was his/her attitude that got to them and provoked such treatment - who knows!) She/he states food is always bad in Cuba .... well thats not true, and if it was why do they keep going back to Cuba????

How was.... the weather, the resort itself, nightly entertainment, daily activities, the excursions, was their room nice, etc etc, what restaurants did they eat at?? ...... oh they didn't mention that did they ~ hardly a review then!!!!!!!

Not everybody in this world likes the same things, obviously this person didn't like the Sol Rio, so his/her tastes differ hugely from the majority ..... I have said this before in a recent post & I'll say it again....... "I have a favourite resort in Cuba that I am really happy with, but the reviews for the Sol have been soooo good that I feel I am maybe missing out, so I am considering this resort for a group of us In March".

Don't worry about a thing, look forward to your trip and have a great time. I look forward to reading your post when you get back as I am very interested in hearing your views.

Have a safe and happy trip .... Lou

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
871 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest review of sol rio de luna

Lezconnecting, please write your review when you come back as I am thinking aboyt going there in October.

Thank you and have a wonderful trip!

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
509 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest review of sol rio de luna

loonylou . . . . . . may i ask what your favourite resort is in cuba??

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest review of sol rio de luna

I'm off to this Hotel on Monday morning (17th) and I'm not at all worried due to the fact that I've read SO MANY reviews of this hotel that paint it in a glowing light. These reviews are not just on this site, but many others.

My advice is look at the majority and ignore the minority. That's what I've done, and I'm off with a big smile on my face. :-)

Canada
Level Contributor
736 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest review of sol rio de luna

Well said LoonyLou, spoken from the heart, the majority of poorly written vague reviews leave a lot of gray areas. Remember the needs of the many always out weigh the needs of the one. Cheers

fife,scotland
Level Contributor
575 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest review of sol rio de luna

Hi Lesley

This resort is great. Dont let one bad, poorly written review put you off.

Kaz

Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
232 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest review of sol rio de luna

Coming from someone who was at this resort just about a month ago i say GO GO GO!! u will not regret it! it is a truley amazing place !!

got back june 18th and already planning to go back next month ! if things fall into place this time gonna bring my mom !! its good for all ages and out of this world beach!!

ignore bad reviews and just focus on the positive and just take it as it comes nothing is perfect

a vacation is what u make of it!!!

8. Re: Latest review of sol rio de luna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 00:16