We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange Rate

St. Catharines...
1 post
Save Topic
Exchange Rate

Hi there, I will be going to Holguin on July 28/06. I am booked at Sol Luna and Mares. From all the reviews it seems that people have been very happy with this resort. I was wondering if anyone could let me know where was the cheapest place to exchange Canadian $$$ to the peso. The airport, the resort or in town at a bank. Thanks.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange Rate

Hi there single guy. I too will be going to Holguin (but in April). I don't know if it is cheaper at the hotel or at the airport - seems to depend on who's giving their opinion. I do know that you can check the exchange rate before you leave at the following site:

http://coinmill.com/CAD_CUC.html

Hoping you have a very pleasant trip.

Newton Abbot, Devon
Level Contributor
275 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange Rate

We were there in May, we didn't see much difference between the airport and the hotel. However we did change a small amount of cash at the airport for tips and to buy a couple of cold drinks. If you do this be careful as they tried to give us the wrong amount so check before leaving the bureau which is located to the left hand side of the luggage carousel.Also if you by some drinks check price before handing over your money, they wanted to charge me double but I wasn't having any of that!!!! Have a great holiday, the beach is beautiful there we were staying at the PRDO.

Newton Abbot, Devon
Level Contributor
275 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange Rate

We were there in May, we didn't see much difference between the airport and the hotel. However we did change a small amount of cash at the airport for tips and to buy a couple of cold drinks. If you do this be careful as they tried to give us the wrong amount so check before leaving the bureau which is located to the left hand side of the luggage carousel.Also if you by some drinks check price before handing over your money, they wanted to charge me double but I wasn't having any of that!!!! Have a great holiday, the beach is beautiful there we were staying at the PRDO.

4. Re: Exchange Rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 09:16