We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blau Costa Verde - restaurants

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Blau Costa Verde - restaurants

Have booked the BCV Plus and wondering how the a-la-carte restaurants are. Haven't seen much reference here to whether people like them or not. I know the "old" resort has the Italian and Cuban and I believe there are 2 or 3 newer ones only for those who have booked Plus. Any help here?

And, is the lobster dinner in a seperate restaurant?

Also, when I email the resort to request which building, bed, etc does anyone know if I can request meal reservations at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

Amherst, Canada
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blau Costa Verde - restaurants

I have been to this resort 13 times and have never emailed ahead for dinner reservations. This would make a lot of work for the reservations manager; especially if guests changed their mind upon arrival. Sorry I can not answer your other queries as the new restaurants were not finished on our last visit. The reviews seem to be favourable.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blau Costa Verde - restaurants

Thanks Tequila. The reason I asked about the reservations as I seem to recall someone earlier saying that they had done this. Also, we've been to many resorts where we either haven't been able to get reservations or only ones in late evening, too late for us to eat. Never before made reservations anywhere before arriving but thought we might try this time jus t asking for reservations at each restaurant for the same time each evening, and let the resort pick the nights for us.

Just a thought.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
748 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blau Costa Verde - restaurants

Some people did this.

We did not. We make the queue, took about 40 minutes. There was lot of groups that wanted to be together, and teo little asian ladies that spend 20 minutes at the reservation desk. People actually applaude when they were done.

We told the lady we were not fuzzy and all the reservations were done un 2 minutes.

He had time between 6h30 and 8h30, if it helps.

We only tried the Spannish, was ok, just as we dont eat sea food, choice were limited. And there was lot of kids there. LOT. Two tables let their kids scream and throw forks. Wanted to congrats the two table were the kids behaved.

Apparently that the gourmet is very good, hear very nice thing about it when we were there. And people that liked sea food really enjoyed the Spannish. I guess we would have liked it more without the 3 screaming brats.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blau Costa Verde - restaurants

If you prefer you can email you dinner requests before hand and they will fill as you request.

The alternate the 2 new restaurants on different nights so keep that in mind.

Plus bar is in the new restaurant building.

As well, there is a gala dinner on Tuesdays that is very nice in the buffett.

The lobster dinner is in the Cuba restaurant.

I personally would email before as they will have every dinner set out for you and saves the wait in line at the conseriage. They delivered the tickets to my room upon arrival. They are open 10 to 1pm I believe daily only.

So all and all there are 5 a l cartes and a Gala Dinner. They are all not bad depending on what you order.

Italian best - Spanish the least.

Edited: 12 February 2014, 19:22
Ontario
Level Contributor
785 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blau Costa Verde - restaurants

do any of the restaurants have AC?

I think I would like to make my reservations prior to arriving also. How would I go about that?

As the member of the family always given the chore to stand in line for the hours to do this...it would be great to not have to face that and take valuable vacation time....it can get very frustrating.

st catharines,ont
Level Contributor
296 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blau Costa Verde - restaurants

Only if you book Plus will there be A/C. These include the Spanish and Gourmet a-la-cartes along with the VIP bar. They really do not make reservations via e-mail due to the time it would take to answer back plus handling the people making reservations in person.

Ontario
Level Contributor
785 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blau Costa Verde - restaurants

how does it work....is it only one time at each restaurant....or can you go multiple times if you find one you really like? Somebody asked where the lobster dinner is served but no answer was posted...I would also like to know.

I am just so excited to be going....we didn't think we could get away this year due to numerous crappy life events....we just so need to listen to the ocean and have somebody else cook and clean for us.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blau Costa Verde - restaurants

I told you lobster dinner at Cuban restaurant. : -) All plus ac.

I presume only one at each.

Ontario
Level Contributor
785 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blau Costa Verde - restaurants

thank you so much for your help

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blau Costa Verde - restaurants

So, as I said earlier I was going to email the resort asking for restaurant reservations (along with my room request). We are staying in the Plus section. I emailed last week and so far I have had 2 replies from the resort - they have said that they will make my reservations for me and let me know what they are a couple of days before I leave. I'm leaving on Wednesday. So, we'll see what actually happens - but so far their response has been very reassuring. But, we are repeat guests (2011) which I told them in my emaill so maybe we get something extra treatment-wise. I don't know, but will accept whatever they do for us. But if they only fulfil our room request I'll still be happy!

Being on vacation I'd rather spend my time at the beach, not standing in lines making dinner reservations.