We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bank At Blau Costa Verdes

Wolfville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Bank At Blau Costa Verdes

I received a message from the hotel that the banks is now open 24hrs and is at the hotel desk. No further info. There always was a separate bank on site so this is a change. Do the front desk staff take care of this now or is there a dedicated person for this job. Are the rates the same as at a regulated cadeca? Anyone that has been there recently know the answer to this query?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bank At Blau Costa Verdes

The left side of the main lobby desk is the exchange site. There is no longer a dedicated "cadeca" on site.

During the day, there is a seperate person there, but at night just ask whoever is there.

Rates are the same as at a Cadeca.

Wolfville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bank At Blau Costa Verdes

Thank You. That was the info I was looking for.

Ontario
Level Contributor
834 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bank At Blau Costa Verdes

great....24 hours...you can't do better than that/

Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bank At Blau Costa Verdes

Hi Gian T,

I am heading there in less than a month, so would you tell me the exchange rate, please?

Billy

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,530 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bank At Blau Costa Verdes

billy h

Hard for anyone to give you the rates for when your there. The rates change daily. Sometimes even in the same day. You can kep tack of the rates by following these sites. Remember though that this link is the central bank. You'll likely NOT get that rate at the cadeca;'s or reception. You can also follow CubaJack as he updates the thread. Just look at the very last post as its most current

bc.gov.cu/Espanol/tipo_cambio_METROPOLITANO.…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k489088…

Cheers

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bank At Blau Costa Verdes

Bergerman is right. We were there in late February and although I don't remember the rate then, it was very reasonable. The way I look at it - we're at an all-inclusive so most things are already paid for. What money I need is for tips, any shopping and any excursions. Overall (to me), not a lot extra to pay for so if the exchange rate is a dollar or two different on $100 from one day to the next I do not worry about that.

Also, if you have any large denomination peso bills and want smaller change (coins) I never had any difficulty getting them changed at the front desk any time of day or night.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
21,443 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bank At Blau Costa Verdes

You can always ask a staff member who gets tips to break a note for you.

The prefer taking home a big note over a pocketful of change.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bank At Blau Costa Verdes

There are still people who insist on leaving tips in their own currency which many Cubans have difficulty in changing back into pesos. On a couple of occasions I helped out the guys at the beach concession (hobie cats, kayaks, etc) change Canadian bills and loonies, toonies into pesos. Particularly good at the end of my trip when I still had pesos left as I was able to change them back into Cdn money at 1:1.

9. Re: Bank At Blau Costa Verdes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 13:20