We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing

kingston Ont
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Topic
Fishing

Is there any fishing trips, that r not deep sea fishing

milton keynes
Level Contributor
98 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing

There is Mangrove and Reef fishing available, both can be booked from your hotel. We have done both but enjoy the Reef fishing best.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing

Hi Kaitlink,

for sure you can go fishing in many places in Holguin area.

First: Rocazul Biopark :( + -) 30CUC for 2 hours fishing + Transportation + boat + tackles and baits included

Segond : Joel's reef fishing : (+ - ) 50 CUC for 3 hours fishing + boat, + transpoprtation + tackles and baits + drinks on bord.

You can book via Gaviota Tours, or your rep. or any other rep.

Third : There is many other good places but you must know individuals

Good fishing trip,

kingston Ont
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing

Thanks

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing

more questions about Joel in case of "never heard" when staying in casa particular.What kind of fishing boat he is fishing with.From which marina does trip start.English or espanol?Contact number?More info would be nice to hear,thank you....

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing

Hi Ramses 10,

Joel works from Holguin's Hotels only. Not from Casas P.

He works for Gaviota. So you cannot see him in marina except when he dock is boat for the night..

Joel use a '' TONGA BOAT''. with a 35HP engine.

You can contact him from: Gaviota desk in all Hotels, speaks with nautical responsible, or all tours representative. Close every body knows him. I have his telephone Number but I am not sure I can put in on this site so...

He speaks Espanol and English.

The price was 49CUC during the last 2 years. Now ...you will see.

You will have 3 hours of sea shore ( bottom fishing) fishing,

Drinks,

Tackles, baits etc... and ....lot of fun...

We will see him ...and others fisherman in 19 days...so if you needs some specifics requests let me know in private.

I hope You will be happy with my response,

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing

Thank you Jo H for the answer.I´ll send you private message.

Cuba
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing

You can book both mangrove and reef fishing directly with the Rocazul Biopark, it's still the same price, $30 and $50 cuc's the mangrove tends to be smaller fish but less chance of it being a bit bumpy as you don't go out into the main sea. We did reef fishing a couple of times (my 11yr old sone and me) caught loads of fish and had a great time. They take you back to the little cafe and cook them for for you which is a nice touch.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing

Thanks Anthony!

9. Re: Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 07:15