We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American branded clothing

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
American branded clothing

I am flying out to Cuba for the first time next week. Is there any problem with us or the kids wearing american brand clothing, such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Hilfiger etc? It might be a silly question but I know there is a problem with Cuba and America and don't want to cause offence.

Leeds
Level Contributor
145 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American branded clothing

No issue at all

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,254 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: American branded clothing

It's not a problem at all, Cubans love the wear all sort of brand name clothes.

Cuba allow anything and anyone Americans to enter (except spies... ). It's the American who have an embargo against Cuba, not the other way around.

Have a great trip

Edited: 16 April 2014, 19:52
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American branded clothing

Charlotte:

As the others have said no problem wearing the clothes you list or even camouflage clothing.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American branded clothing

Thanks for that...can start packing now!!

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: American branded clothing

Just make sure you leave the walkie talkies at home ; even more so if you are packing combat fatigues. :P

( j/k ) Walkie talkies are not welcome in Cuba.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American branded clothing

AJH

I hAve to correct you. according to the GoCuba website Walkie Talkies are now legal to take into Cuba, however stand alone GPS units are forbidden. As for camouflage clothing.thats OK to bring and wear.

Cheers

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: American branded clothing

berger;

Thanks for the knowledge.Fantastic news!!

Do you know what the latest law on bringing in a metal detector? There is gold in them sands my friend. ;)

Perhaps if i told customs it was to help look for landmines along the illegally owned Territory borders knows as Guantanamo i might get through! (j/k all in good humor)

Seriously though can we now bring our metal detectors? I'm willing to share all finds with the government.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: American branded clothing

Hi AJ H,

Metal detectors are not permitted in Cuba fot TOURISTS.

Electronics devices in: www.aduana.co.cu

Also walkies talkies... for kids are permitted ...because no long ranges and need small batteries.

If you are talking about real walkies talkies like ''Motorola '' ''Icom'' etc... with in house battery

good luck .Same site: www.aduana.co.cu

9. Re: American branded clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Holguin
Recent Conversations