We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single CUC notes availability at PP for tipping

Norwich
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Single CUC notes availability at PP for tipping

I like to tip when justified, could someone tell if you can get plenty of single CUC notes from the currency exchange desk in the hotel (Playa Pesquero) or I am better off getting them at the airport?

Kitchener, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single CUC notes availability at PP for tipping

Your best bet is to change your money at the Cadeca at Playa Pesquero. They will give you $1 CUC coins. I have not seen $1 CUC notes in quite some time.

Norwich
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Single CUC notes availability at PP for tipping

Thanks, would I be able to get some 1 CUC coins at the Cadeca at the airport for tipping the coach driver, bell boys etc before getting chance to change it at the Hotel or would accept anything else ?

Canada
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single CUC notes availability at PP for tipping

Yes, last trip I noticed that 1 CUC coins were used a lot more than previous trips. I took a 3 year break from Cuba and didn't see near as many 1 CUC notes as I used to. I personally prefer the coins. We Canucks are quite used to them, and the water doesn't bother them.

Kitchener, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single CUC notes availability at PP for tipping

The only cadeca at the airport is in the departure hall beside the arrival hall. If you are planning on changing money there I would do it as quickly as possible as you don't want to hold up your transfer bus. I always bring back about $30 CUC with me for my next trip that way I always have CUC to tip with and to buy those first Cristal for the bus ride.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single CUC notes availability at PP for tipping

Had some 1 CUC notes this past week tazzman. Although, they certainly not as common as they once were. That's a good thing for me, I have a nasty habit of walking into the pool or ocean with money in my pocket :)

Edited: 18 May 2014, 19:37
wales
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Single CUC notes availability at PP for tipping

We have recently returned from PP, both 1CUC notes and coins were given out at the Cadeca.

Kitchener, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Single CUC notes availability at PP for tipping

Usually if u want the $1 CUC notes you have to ask for them specifically. I personally find the coins easier and as was mentioned walking into the pool with them is no problem.

Edited: 19 May 2014, 02:46
8. Re: Single CUC notes availability at PP for tipping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 06:17