We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Review for SRdLyM is up...

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
My Review for SRdLyM is up...

I've been waiting a while for them to post it, but it's finally up.

For those folks who kept asking me for a review, or for those just wondering what the Sol Rio de Luna y Mares is REALLY like, read my (lengthy, but hopefully informative) review. It's called "Mixed views, but a great holiday."

Many thanks in advance. Hope it helps you all in some way.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Review for SRdLyM is up...

Now that was an EXCELLENT review and well worth reading for anyone who is considering going to this hotel.

Congratulationa Wx3Para.

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Review for SRdLyM is up...

ExPara3 ....I read your review and was one of the better reviews i have read on TA ,a little long but if you have the time to read it and want to stay here it's worth it..

This property from Toronto on last minute booking is alway fairly cheap so am glad i did read this i might go one day.....

Safe Travels...Jimmy

Ely...
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Review for SRdLyM is up...

Top man Ex3Para,

One of the better reviews I've read about the Sol Rio Luna & Mares.

It's always interesting to see what other people think about the place.

If you've followed this forum over the last few months you will see that I am a big fan of the place.

There definately seems to be a dip in standards during the summer months,which probably explains why the reviews seem so up and down.

regards

jasper29

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Review for SRdLyM is up...

jasper29:

It's probably down to it being the low season in Cuba.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Review for SRdLyM is up...

Many thanks guys & gals. I hope more people feel the same.

If it helps only one person make a more informed choice, it was worth the amount of time it took to put it all together.

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
863 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Review for SRdLyM is up...

ok, I am planning on travelling there alone. Would you recommend it? Did you try any of the free excursions (I don't remember reading so...) How was the weather? Too hot? Too humid? Was it windy on the beach?

I read in my brochure there are pottery lessons and I have not heard about that, did you see it happening? What about the disco at night? Were there people there?

Thank you!

West Stockwith...
Level Contributor
99 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My Review for SRdLyM is up...

Hi Ex3para,

Ive just come back from here (two wks ago). Good review which i would totally agree with. I TOTALLY agree about flight, abismall! All Monarch are interested is making as much cash as poss. They cram so many seats in, it shouldnt be allowed. Anyway. I have a comment on it being Low season - so what, that shouldnt make any difference, we still paid as much money to go on holiday - if not more with it being during our school holidays!

Saying this i did like cuba and the cubans i met. They were great people and i will definately go back.

Cheers Lesley

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Review for SRdLyM is up...

Maya2627, I would recommend this Hotel, so long as you aren't one of these people who nedds everything to be PERFECT!

We didn't do any of the free excursions, so can't comment on those.

As for the weather, it was hot, but not humid. The wind during the day can get really strong. So much so, that on some days, you get sand-blasted while lying down on the beach.

As for pottery lessons, I didn't see anything of the sort. Neither advertised or conducted.

Disco is busiest on the Wednesday night, straight after the beach party. Most of the dancers and staff join in then, and it's a real good laugh.

Toronto
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My Review for SRdLyM is up...

I was there in May/June and found the weather amazing....we did do one of the "free" excursions, the bus to "Bay of Pigs". It was great, we got to visit a fishing village, saw a school and home. It was a great opportunity to learn about the Cuban lifestyle. We also got to stop at the flea market and do some shopping. It only cost 2 pesos for each person and you register at the activities hut at the beach. The other nice thing was we were back in time for lunch and wasn't a full day away from the resort.

10. Re: My Review for SRdLyM is up...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 08:19