We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing at PP

Hamilton, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
fishing at PP

We are going in less that two weeks .Just wondering what about fishing over there.Thanks

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
99,746 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing at PP

Probably the best place to fish from the shore is just up from the Dive Centre shown on this map close to the Blau Costa Verde. It's only a short walk up the beach from the Pesquero:

…photobucket.com/user/bellagio123/media/Cuba…

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,226 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing at PP

Not very good fishing in this area. Cayo Coco/Cayo Guillermo is the place for fishing in Cuba.

Hamilton, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing at PP

Thanks guys.Is there is a chance to arange a boat with locals?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,226 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing at PP

Yes you can arrange a fishing trip, I am sure the reception at the hotel will be able to help.

Hamilton, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing at PP

Well.I've been at this resort once couple years ago.Fishing trips off desk very expensive. I meant if there is the way contact local people

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
99,746 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fishing at PP

I must say that I've not heard of any.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
99 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fishing at PP

You can book to go reef fishing at the towel hut by the pool, I can't remember how much it is but I know we thought it was good value for money. You get picked up by car or horse and buggie and taken to the Eco park and mangroves (spectacular views) there is usually about 7 -8 people on the boat. Fishing for about 3/4 hours and then back to the mangroves where they will cook the fish you have caught while you sit and have a well earned beer.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
99,746 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fishing at PP

Thomas Cook offer this excursion:

Trolling fishing (Pesca a vara): - Try your hand at catching the big one! Charter your own boat and be Ernest Hemmingway for a few hours. Fish for marlin, tuna and snappers, whilst enjoying the open bar - Daily - Adults and Children 78 CUC (310 CUC Exclusive Boat)

Hamilton, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: fishing at PP

Thanks a lot.I may go for marlin.All my fishing buddy's back home dreaming about catching one.But from my experience its not a season for marlin right now.I will give it a try anyway. I will be there from July 13 for a week.Is anybody would like share a boat with Canadian angler?

10. Re: fishing at PP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 05:18