We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson - Cuba 2015????

Cheshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson - Cuba 2015????

We've heard a whisper that Thomson might be flying to HOG (from MAN) in 2015.

Has anyone else heard the same?

We first went to PRDO in 2010 (with Thomson) as we did the following 2 years. The last 2 years the only way we could get to Cuba was with Thomas Cook. At the moment, for 2015 this is still the only way from MAN.

We have anyways had great service from Thomson and not so good service with Thomas Cook, especially with their staff in our local branch. Although we have flown with TC the last 2 years, we have always booked it through our local Thomson shop. We are currently in the middle of a court case with Thomas Cook and really don't like giving them any more of our hard earned money.

We really hope and wish that Thomson are planning on flying (from MAN) next year.

Any info would be greatly received.

Thanks all, PKD

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson - Cuba 2015????

That would be great if it were to happen, I don't like the way TC have all of us Cuba lovers right in their hands. I don't mind TC and will fly with them, I will endure just about anything to get there, but a bit of extra choice and competition doesn't hurt anybody and the Cubans will benefit too

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson - Cuba 2015????

I have not heard anything about this myself, but it would be welcome news if it proved to be true, if only because it would be an extra flight to Cuba.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson - Cuba 2015????

Not heard anything either, But it would make the market more open and prices could well drop.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson - Cuba 2015????

Just got back from our local Thomson branch and they don't know of any plans for 2015. They told us that it might be that they will be planning in 2015 for April 2016. As soon as they know anything more they are going to give us a call. If/when we hear anything we'll let you all know.

On the plus side, we have just booked for PRDO for April 2015.

PKD

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson - Cuba 2015????

Is it on a Thomas Cook flight though?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson - Cuba 2015????

Hi bellagio,

Yes, that is with Thomas Cook.

PKD

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson - Cuba 2015????

OK. Thanks for that. I suppose you had little option other than to fly with them if you want to stay at the PRDO.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson - Cuba 2015????

Beggars can't be choosers!

We are hoping that TC will add extra dates later in the year like they did this year.

They are currently flying (from MAN) on Monday's.

When we booked for April this year, we were originally flying on the Wednesday, but about 15 weeks before we were due to fly, we noticed that TC had added a Friday flight and it was about £700 cheaper than we had paid.

So we paid £100 admin fee and changed to the Friday. This then took in a couple of Bank Holidays, so we used less of our annual leave from work and still saved £600. So all good in the end.

PKD

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,286 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson - Cuba 2015????

It's a question that I've already asked the airline, and they have no plans to fly any routes to Cuba for 2015. As their destinations/routes and aircraft utilisation are planned a couple of years in advance, I would doubt they'd could have found the spare capacity anyway.

10. Re: Thomson - Cuba 2015????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:15