We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting scooters from Playa Pesquero

Laval
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Renting scooters from Playa Pesquero

Hello,

I would like to know information on renting scooters. I've heard many bad experiences, so I want to be better informed. I am staying at Playa Pesquero for a week with family. Any information will be helpful.

Price?

Are you covered by insurance?

Is it worth it?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Playa Pesquero
Playa Pesquero
716 Reviews
Cuba
Niagara-on-the-Lake...
Level Contributor
422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting scooters from Playa Pesquero

If there are still any scooters for rent, you rent at your own risk. You are not insured.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
425 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting scooters from Playa Pesquero

If you have travel insurance, that should cover you in the event you are injured and need medical assistance, however, like the previous poster mentioned, you are not insured in any other way (e.g theft or damage of the scooter)

I have rented scooters from Playa Costa Verde and Blau Costa Verde many times. I can't remember the cost, but it was reasonable (depends how long you want it for). I think whether or not it is safe to ride around on the scooter really depends on the rider themselves, you need to be sober, careful and keep your eyes on the road for pot-holes etc.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Playa Costa Verde
Hotel Playa Costa Verde
7,945 Reviews
Cuba
Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,013 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting scooters from Playa Pesquero

In case of an accident you are guilty till proven innocent. .could mean a long stay till things are sorted out. .

Laval
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting scooters from Playa Pesquero

Thanks very much for the advice everyone!!!

Yarmouth Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting scooters from Playa Pesquero

ditto the advice from YYZ_74...I have rented scooters many times in the Guardalavaca area at most of the resorts...BCV, PCV, PP, SLYM, Club Amigo, Brisas and have never had any issues. Lots of beautiful countryside to see and very little traffic....my scooter adventures are always one of the highlight of my trips.

Mentioned in this post
Guardalavaca Beach
Guardalavaca Beach
1,212 Reviews
Cuba
Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel
Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel
4,379 Reviews
Cuba
6. Re: Renting scooters from Playa Pesquero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 05:16