We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming with the Doplhins

Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming with the Doplhins

Has anyone gone to see the Marine show and swim with the Dolphins at the Holguin Aquarium ?

If so do you have any tips on what to do and what not to do ?

We are going in March with 3 kids aged 5, 8 and 11.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

oppmarinecop

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming with the Doplhins

Our kids did the dolphin swim last year and loved it. It was before the new dolphinarium opened. DH and I are heading down again on the 29th and might get a chance to see the new dolphinarium.

Last year we stayed at PP. We went with a tour, however depending on where you are staying, you might be able to book this with the PR desk. If you do that, you won't have to wait until everyone on the bus finishes their swim before you head back. That can take a couple of hours. But you will have to be there as soon as it opens -- before the bus tours arrive.

We took a lot of pics with our camera. We bought one they were selling and we bought the video. It was a great day and one the kids often talk about.

Enjoy!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming with the Doplhins

Hi millybess,

How much was it for adults and kids to swim with the dolphins, can you remember, approximately?

thanks!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming with the Doplhins

When we were there funnurse, the price was around 90 CUC per person -- our kids were teens and were counted as adults so I didn't pay attention to the price for children.

It might cost more now that the new dolphinarium is open and they've added a show.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming with the Doplhins

We took the dolphin swim out of GPT, Guardalavaca, and it was great. The price was $90 cuc for trip out to area, welcome drink, show and swim. My H didn't want to swim so he paid the kids fare which was $45, just for the ride out with us and the show. ( he was our photographer!) Not sure what the cut off age for kids was but my two were, 5 and 9 and they paid kids price. As I said, if you don't want to do the swim, but go and watch, you can pay the kids price.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming with the Doplhins

Be sure to take plenty of sunscreen, maybe a hat, and water. It gets extremely hot out there.... it's a real suntrap.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming with the Doplhins

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

I'm not sure if i'll actually swim with the dolphins myself... i'm from the "Jaws" era so ... LOL

Thanks again, it's noted in my Cuba book

UK
Level Contributor
783 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimming with the Doplhins

Best tip I have is get someone to take photos for you so as a family you can do the swim together and then return the favour by doing the same for them as the swim is ususally done in two sep groups.

We did that and made friends with the couple who took our photos and travelled to Canada to see them.

Also highly recommend having a DVD done I know it costs more but its surprisingly good. My partner did the push and I did the fin swim....if i went again i would do the push.

Also if your hotel does the trip with the boat trip as well go for that one as its a really good day out.

Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimming with the Doplhins

Thanks for the comments. They are really educational.

My family appreciates your input.

oppmarinecop

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimming with the Doplhins

Have a great time OPPMarineCop. I'm sure you and your family will have a great vacation.

Enjoy!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swimming with the Doplhins

I'm sure we will, thanks to you guys and your valuble info.

Neisar, when you say "the push", do you mean that the dolphin pushes you somewhat out of the water? and how would you describe the "fin swim"? Also, would you recommend this for kids?

thanks again!

funnurse