We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route to Disney World

Rogersville, Alabama
1 post
Save Topic
Best route to Disney World

We Are going to Disney at the end of the month and when I mapquested it it gave me three choice. what is the best way to Disney. We are from the Huntsville area.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route to Disney World

I would take I 65 to Montgomery, AL and # 82 to Tifton, GA. You bypass Atlanta on that route. From Tifton, GA take I 75 to # 91 Florida Turnpike to Orlando. Good luck.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route to Disney World

We always take I-65 to I-20 in B'ham. In Atlanta we take the I-285 bypass to I-75. We always leave early and on a weekend so there is little traffic then. Be sure to take the bypass at Macon too.

Helena, Alabama
Level Contributor
259 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route to Disney World

From Birmingham we always take I-65 S to Montgomery, then I-85 N to the Troy Highway (US 231) through Dothan down to Cottondale, FL and get on I-10, then I-75 et. al. to WDW. I would go this route or via Tifton, GA (see above). Note that I-20 between Leeds, AL and the Georgia state line (towards Atlanta) is down to 55 mph (and tightly patrolled by AHP) because of construction and the result of poor road conditions...the trip between BHM and ATL now takes forever. The trip just takes a long time no matter how you go; plan for breaks to get out and walk around. I assume you will have little ones with you, if you don't have a portable or built-in DVD player in your vehicle beg/borrow/buy one for the trip...I hate the throught of our kids "zoned out" watching a DVD, but on this trip, trust me, it is worth it!

4. Re: Best route to Disney World

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 02:17